Amplitube 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Wishbone

Amplitube 2

Post by Wishbone » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Anybody use this? I just got it and need some advice on good setups/presets

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:37 am

I have it. It sounds great, but it crashes my version of Live 6 (all versions) when I begin looping. Anybody else with a similar crash problem?

poshook

Post by poshook » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:03 am

Buleriachk wrote:I have it. It sounds great, but it crashes my version of Live 6 (all versions) when I begin looping. Anybody else with a similar crash problem?
same here. very similar behaviour as Sampletank2...
IKM products have great sound but despairing stability in all hosts

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:17 am

FWIW, I have Revalver MkII, and it has a VST module. If I use it to host Amplitube 2 inside Live 6, AT2 runs fine when looping (so far). So it is probably the VST implementation, although there have been some complaints about AT2 not being able to handle Core 2 Duo. I tried turning multiprocessing off in Ableton, but it still crashes if I don't host it in Revalver......

Chuck
poshook wrote:
Buleriachk wrote:I have it. It sounds great, but it crashes my version of Live 6 (all versions) when I begin looping. Anybody else with a similar crash problem?
same here. very similar behaviour as Sampletank2...
IKM products have great sound but despairing stability in all hosts

greta

Post by greta » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 am

I had similar problems but the latest update (2.2) cleared it all up. It works perfectly now.

poshook

Post by poshook » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:13 pm

greta wrote:
I had similar problems but the latest update (2.2) cleared it all up. It works perfectly now.
latest update is 2.2? I noticed only 2.1.1

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Mine is 2.1.2 for WinXP

greta

Post by greta » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Buleriachk wrote:Mine is 2.1.2 for WinXP
Sorry guys, my bad. It's 2.1.2. :oops: Weird how there are still some problems for some users though!

Per Boysen

Re: Amplitube 2

Post by Per Boysen » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Wishbone wrote:Anybody use this? I just got it and need some advice on good setups/presets
I have the Jimi Hendrix edition of AT 2 and it's amazing IMHO! I guess for the basic amp simulation sounds that I like so much, the JH edition is no different then the normal AT 2. To my taste it's the best virtual guitar amp out there and I think Logic's Guitar AMp Pro comes second. I do not like the sound of NI GR2, although many talk about that one.

Oh... my AT2 JH can not be opened on my PC as the standalone application. That has been all since installation, but since I only use it as VST under Bidule on that machine I don't mind the bug. On Mac I can use the standalone just fine.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:31 am

I prefer Guitar Rig 2 - it's pretty tasty and has some great modulation racks.

Gnuus

AmpliTube X-GEAR

Post by Gnuus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 pm

The first expandable guitar/bass amp and FX modeling system
AmpliTube X-GEAR is a software shell-host that allows you to open, in stand-alone and plug-in mode, any current “Powered by AmpliTube” product (AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube Metal) in a single interface with full mixing and matching between a massive number of accurately modeled gear, plus the ability to control them live and in the studio with the StompIO or any traditional MIDI controller.

AmpliTube X-GEAR (which stands for eXpandable Guitar Effects and Amps Rig) represents the first fully modular and customizable amp and FX modeling software environment, providing instant access to more than 150 superbly modeled amps and effects from all current “Powered by AmpliTube” range and even further expandability with future products.

The first fully modular, customizable and expandable amp and FX modeling software system
Provides a single host interface for AmpliTube 2, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, AmpliTube Metal, and future “Powered by AmpliTube” products
Full mixing and matching between all the modeled gear
Opens and reads all “Powered by AmpliTube” presets
Allows full automation of each opened model’s parameters
Allows complete integration with StompIO audio interface/floor controller
Allows MIDI controls with MIDI learn functionality
Works both as a RTAS/AU/VST plug-in and standalone version on Mac/PC

Buleriachk

Re: AmpliTube X-GEAR

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:06 pm

X-Gear is a free download if you own one of IK's relevant products.
(I just learned that...:-)

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:45 pm

fatrabbit wrote:I prefer Guitar Rig 2 - it's pretty tasty and has some great modulation racks.
I'm a huge NI fan, but I think that GR is a big fat dud. Amplitube is a long ways ahead in terms of realism IMO.

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 pm

I have Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 3 and Waves GTR3. GTR3 sounds the best but it's expensive and requires a dongle. Amplitube 2 sounds excellent, very close to GTR3 and possibly even a bit more realistic when it comes to heavy metal sounds (although nothing can touch GTR3 for creamy warm tube tone). Guitar Rig 3 is easy to use but the tone just isn't there. I know some people like it but to my ears it still sounds like software. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with Amplitube 2 but if you've got the cash and aren't a heavy metal type, go for GTR3.
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

jamester

Post by jamester » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 pm

evernaut wrote:
fatrabbit wrote:I prefer Guitar Rig 2 - it's pretty tasty and has some great modulation racks.
I'm a huge NI fan, but I think that GR is a big fat dud. Amplitube is a long ways ahead in terms of realism IMO.
This is how I feel about GR2 (I'm not a huge fan of NI, however). In comparison to Amp2, GR2 is way too noisy and its sounds are almost "hyper real"...like using too much artificial flavoring or something. The sounds are so "realistic" they are almost caricatures of the real thing.

IMHO
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge