BT's an arse

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Mesmer
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:29 pm
Location: Sunny San Juan, PR

Post by Mesmer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm

I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.
I thing this BT guy's sound selection was very good.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
http://www.mesmero.net
---
Image
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

TITBAG
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:40 am

Post by TITBAG » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Mesmer wrote:I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.
I thing this BT guy's sound selection was very good.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
any half-competent engineer would know full well where this clip would be seen in 2007 you incredulous moron

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:04 am

I finally watched the video and I only heard it on my laptop speakers but I really don't see what the huge fuss is here. I don't think it's that awful and I don't think I have ever heard a sound engineer get a good mix of a live band mixed with the kind of sounds BT is using.

Synths that are carrying the main backbone of the song always seem to be way too high or way to low in the mix when competing with acoustic sounds, and especially if it's being played live as opposed to a premade backing track. I would even go as far as to say that the dynamics of these types of synth sounds with morphing filters and effects are the hardest to mix live. No other instrument or voice is going to have that kind of range.

Mesmer
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:29 pm
Location: Sunny San Juan, PR

Post by Mesmer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:30 am

TITBAG wrote:
Mesmer wrote:I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.
I thing this BT guy's sound selection was very good.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
any half-competent engineer would know full well where this clip would be seen in 2007 you incredulous moron
Sure BT,
and you have demonstrated in the past how you know all about engineering and intelligent stuff;
good one.
good one.
:P
http://www.mesmero.net
---
Image
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

FORMAT
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:13 pm
Contact:

Post by FORMAT » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:36 am

They used to be so much better......

rozling
Posts: 1760
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Post by rozling » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 am

Mesmer wrote:
TITBAG wrote:
Mesmer wrote:I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.
I thing this BT guy's sound selection was very good.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
any half-competent engineer would know full well where this clip would be seen in 2007 you incredulous moron
Sure BT,
and you have demonstrated in the past how you know all about engineering and intelligent stuff;
good one.
good one.
:P
Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?

Mesmer: You seem to be arguing with yourself here? Or do you think that Titbag is BT?

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 am

beats me wrote:I really don't get all the BT bashing. You don't have to like his music but that doesn't mean he sucks. Let's put up one of your tracks against his and see where the production level is at.
Christ all mighty, what does that have to do with anything? I posted up a clip where he (IMO) completely ruins a Roots live performance by not listening and not playing along with the rest of the band.

And I'm sick tired if this 'if you can't do it better yourself' nonsense. I know a bad performance when I see one - I've done my share!
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

john gordon
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Delaware

Post by john gordon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 am

bt gave my dog crabs.

timothyallan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by timothyallan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:00 pm

where did he ruin it? i watched pretty much the whole thing...

laughed at the keyboard stand though, thats rad :)

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm

yeah, uhm, the mix isn't the issue.

the horrible lack of musicianship and taste is.


listen to the last breakdown section at the end where bt is just noodling aimlessly.... what? and that's just where it's most obviously awful.



.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: the horrible lack of musicianship and taste is.


listen to the last breakdown section at the end where bt is just noodling aimlessly.... what? and that's just where it's most obviously awful.
amen, hit the nail on the head there old bean.
I thought the whole track was garbage tho, and BT didnt even enter my thoughts...I just thought 'what the fuck are the roots doing? ...followed by 'I guess I had them pegged for something they're not' ...followed by 'how much did they get paid for this shit?'

and then they had that interview at the end and everything became clear

and thats when BT spoke , and I learned he picked the roots from a list - in much the same way an obscene buisness man might choose a whore in a brothel - thats when I switched off.

all in all, a sickening experience. the roots have bills to pay obviously.... by the way, when did blade II come out ?
spreader of butter

TITBAG
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:40 am

Post by TITBAG » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 pm

rozling wrote:Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?
they should do their JOB and mix for TV like george martin mixed for a MONO WIRELESS SET in 1965. basically this is GROSS INCOMPETENCE and look at the results this careless IDIOT has caused. they should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:29 pm

TITBAG wrote:
rozling wrote:Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?
they should do their JOB and mix for TV like george martin mixed for a MONO WIRELESS SET in 1965. basically this is GROSS INCOMPETENCE and look at the results this careless IDIOT has caused. they should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY
Oi, did you ever hang out over at soundosound.com, like 2003ish? You remind me of someone.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:41 pm

I've always thought that it was rather uncool to name yourself after British Telecom

BASTARD CAN FOOK OFF TO OFTEL WITH HIS SHITTY 303 ENVELOPE TWEAKS AND OFFER CHEAP LONG DISTANCE TO HIS ARSE

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:45 pm

corygilbert wrote:.
Maybe mixed a little nasty, but honestly you could fart a taco bell breakfast into a radio shack mic over the roots playing live and it could sound great.
.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply