best Classic breakbeats collection

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Chris Paget
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:09 pm

kabuki wrote:Turntable Lab.com had a CD called All The Breaks.

For about 35 bucks plush shipping you get ALL THE BREAKS. CD Quality Audio. Names of the Songs.

Word
I can't find a word about these being wav files on the site, but I'm guessing you might own the cd? I'd very gladly throw down $35 for a collection like this, if they are in wav.

kabuki
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:26 pm
Location: ATX, fyi

Post by kabuki » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:26 pm

They are CD audio (could play it in your car.)

You rip them to whatever format you want to (.wav, .aif, .mp3,...)

They set it up as 3 different breaks per track (since CD directories can only have 100 tracks). You rip each one and chop up the 3 samples. There is a detailed tracklist explaining the breaks, so you know where they can be foung again.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Chris Paget
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 pm

Kabuki - Thanks for the info. That's very helpful to know. Despite all of the samples floating around on the web (see: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37272), it still might be worth it to have a collection with good audio. Cheers
Last edited by Chris Paget on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kramerica
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:25 am
Location: Chicago

Post by kramerica » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:43 pm

An old classic collection that just came from vinyl to CD last year is "The Breaktionary". The breaks have much more instrumentation in them than just the drums but it's great. CD 1 is all the breaks separated and in their own bpm's while CD 2 is all those breaks beatmatched and mixed into each other. Very nice.
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

Chris Paget
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm assuming that's the turntable labs one. Thanks for the note.
Having some instrumentation can be nice as well. I've been messing around with the original apache break/song plus some amen break over it. old school and definitely not the sound of 2007, whatever that is.

kramerica
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:25 am
Location: Chicago

Post by kramerica » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Chris Paget wrote:I'm assuming that's the turntable labs one. Thanks for the note.
Having some instrumentation can be nice as well. I've been messing around with the original apache break/song plus some amen break over it. old school and definitely not the sound of 2007, whatever that is.
Q-bert put this compilation together. The one I referenced is volume 1. Not sure if they pulled volumes 2, 3, and 4 onto CD yet. See here:

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=19922
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

BLynx
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:09 pm

Post by BLynx » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:01 pm


iamnotcool
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:07 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by iamnotcool » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Zero G released a sample DVD from the EZ Rollerz a couple years back. It's multiformat (apple loops, wav, reason, etc.) and has heaps and heaps of great breaks. It's a good investment that I'm glad that I made.
15" Macbook Pro C2D, Live 6, Remote Zero SL
Click here for my tunes!

Chris Paget
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm

kramerica wrote:
Chris Paget wrote:I'm assuming that's the turntable labs one. Thanks for the note.
Having some instrumentation can be nice as well. I've been messing around with the original apache break/song plus some amen break over it. old school and definitely not the sound of 2007, whatever that is.
Q-bert put this compilation together. The one I referenced is volume 1. Not sure if they pulled volumes 2, 3, and 4 onto CD yet. See here:

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=19922
Here's the turntable labs link
http://www.turntablelab.com/cds/0/0/14909.html

It looks like it has all 4 volumes :D

Chris Paget
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:58 pm

iamnotcool wrote:Zero G released a sample DVD from the EZ Rollerz a couple years back. It's multiformat (apple loops, wav, reason, etc.) and has heaps and heaps of great breaks. It's a good investment that I'm glad that I made.
does "Multiformat" mean every file is available as any of the formats?

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Homebelly » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Before you drop the cash you should check this link out,,
http://hosted.filefront.com/Doubleclick/
here is a link to a list of the included breaks,,
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.ph ... 8&cache=51
most are very well trimmed and are uncompressed CD quality,,
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

piZMo
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:46 am
Location: London, England.

Post by piZMo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:44 pm

yo homebelly did you get all the packs??? i looked at these last week... theres only pack no.4 up for download??? i have posted a request to the OP to repost heres hoping he does...

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Homebelly » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:52 pm

piZMo wrote:yo homebelly did you get all the packs??? i looked at these last week... theres only pack no.4 up for download??? i have posted a request to the OP to repost heres hoping he does...
yup!
but i got them a while back when they first got posted.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Qnnilson
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Post by Qnnilson » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:55 pm

i hate when they "remaster" the breaks (with some reverb and compression, sounds like shit).
where can i find some breaks ripped from original cd's/vinyl in wav (no compression)?

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Homebelly » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:30 am

Qnnilson wrote:i hate when they "remaster" the breaks (with some reverb and compression, sounds like shit).
where can i find some breaks ripped from original cd's/vinyl in wav (no compression)?
Follow the yellow link road,,, :wink:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Post Reply