TIESTO reveals hard trance facts !

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Parametex

TIESTO reveals hard trance facts !

Post by Parametex » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:48 pm

laird

Post by laird » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

i sooooo read this as:

"tiesto reveals hard trance farts"

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:03 pm

That Tiesto studio clip has been posted ad-nauseum - but FWIW it never gets old to me. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqZ5Sis ... ed&search=

I love how in these Tiesto clips there's like 10 million people in a stadium watching him, glo-sticks and lighters held up, as if it were a Pink Floyd concert or something. Don't they realize he's just playing records fer christs sake?

And what's up with the arms out stretched like christ poses? Doesn't he realize he's just playing records? Fer christs sake!

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but come on. What in the hell is going on?

And what's up with all these cats on youtube posting videos of them mixing in their bedrooms. I'm not talking about battle dj's or turntablists, just kids mixing trance or jungle, recording a video and posting it like "hey, watch this 40 minute video of me mixing records in my bedroom"

What has gotten into these kids?

It's a product of the evil marketing empire I think - anything remotely cool it takes it and exploits it till it dies.

I thought the super star dj thing was dying out, hopefully it will eventually breath its last breath and the masses will step gingerly over its trendystinking carcass and forget about it all. All of the Tiesto's and Oakenfolds and stadium packing trace dj's can retire comfortably and then, just maybe, then Dj's can get back to where they belong - just being a part of a cool party in an abandoned warehouse somewhere. Playing tunes and moving the floor. Doing it for the love, not for the rock star status.

I suppose I'll always be a dreamer.

Anyway, this has been posted before as well, but I can't help but post it again.

THE TRANCE CRACKER

nagal

Post by nagal » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:15 pm

LMAO! :D

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:20 pm

:)

Have any of you lot actually been to one of his recent gigs?

If not - goto one. He puts on a hell of a show, is very very good at pacing everything just right, controlling energy - thats his real skill, along with finding and mixing broadly acceptable music.

Regardless of what type of dance music people produce - DJs and producer alike can learn a hell of alot from him whether putting a single track together or creating an entire set.

There are some very good reasons hes so popular, but then if you just want to continue doing little sets in little dingy clubs... ignore him :)
Nothing to see here - move along!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Fucking sweet cartoon.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Khazul wrote:There are some very good reasons hes so popular
ecstacy
mushrooms
acid
and just plain bad fucking taste.

I do like some PVD once in a while though. :oops:
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Khazul wrote::)

Have any of you lot actually been to one of his recent gigs?

If not - goto one. He puts on a hell of a show, is very very good at pacing everything just right, controlling energy - thats his real skill, along with finding and mixing broadly acceptable music.

Regardless of what type of dance music people produce - DJs and producer alike can learn a hell of alot from him whether putting a single track together or creating an entire set.

There are some very good reasons hes so popular, but then if you just want to continue doing little sets in little dingy clubs... ignore him :)

shut the fuck up!!!!

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:00 am

john gordon wrote:shut the fuck up!!!!

Why - rattlin your little cage?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:01 am

Khazul wrote:

:lol:

<throws monkey dookie at Khazul from inside the cage>
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am

There used to be a monkey at the Baltimore zoo that would run around in circles, beat its head against the wall, throw up on the floor and eat its own vomit.

It would repeat this process over and over and over again. I first saw it when I was a child, then again during numerous childhood trips the zoo over the following few years.

Year after year, same sad monkey, same sad routine.

It was so depressing that it made me stop going to the zoo all together. I thought of that monkey often during the days of my youth, how a cage in North Baltimore probably wasn't the most comfortable or ideal place for it to live. I'm sure had it been up to the monkey it would have chosen differently, but, alas, that was not to be its fate.

The next time I went to the zoo was many years later, on a date with my soon to be wife, sometime around 2001.

The old monkey was gone, in its place was a new monkey, a more "well behaved" monkey.

I considered asking after it, "what happened to the monkey, the frantic vomit eating one, that used to smash its face against the wall?" but thought it would be best if I didn't.

But I often wonder what happened to that monkey.

It too was a star in its own tragic way.
Last edited by smutek on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:44 am

smutek wrote:There used to be a monkey at the Baltimore zoo that would run around in circles, beat its head against the wall, throw up on the floor and eat its own vomit.

It would repeat this process over and over and over again. I first saw it when I was a child, then again and again during trips the zoo over the following few years.

Year after year, same sad monkey, same sad routine.

It was so depressing that it made me stop going to the zoo all together. I thought of that monkey often during the days of my youth, how a cage in North Baltimore probably wasn't the most comfortable or ideal place for it to live. I'm sure had it been up to the monkey it would have chosen differently. But, alas, that was not to be its fate.

The next time I went was many years later, on a date with my soon to be wife around 2001.

The old monkey was gone, in its place was a new monkey, more "well behaved".

I considered asking after it, "what happened to the monkey, the frantic vomit eating one, that used to smash its face against the wall?" but thought it would be best if I didn't.

But I often wonder what happened to that monkey.

It too was a star in its own tragic way.
It's alive and well sitting in a cubicle in San Francisco by day, using Ableton by night. I was released at age 18.

soundcloud.com/tone-deft

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 am

8)

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Khazul wrote:

LOL :)

stick cage in experiment termination chamber :p

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Khazul wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
Khazul wrote:

LOL :)

stick cage in experiment termination chamber :p
Better that than sit through a Tiesto set, or rather DJ Testicle as my wife calls him.

meh, to each their own, it's better to like things than not, then again I'm not fond of eating my own vomit anymore. And smutek, the headbanging was just to get chicks, I got so much chimp 'tang from that act, ahhh good times!!

soundcloud.com/tone-deft