Studio RTA desks anyone?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
The Freeq

Studio RTA desks anyone?

Post by The Freeq » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi

Anyone used or using these desks. They seem a good deal for what you get.

Bout £125.....whats the catch...

http://www.studiorta.com/catalog/detail ... log_id=392

The Freeq

Post by The Freeq » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 am

Nobody heard of these or used them?

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 am

I'd never heard, but i checked them out and loved it. Very inexpensive also, if you compare to omnirax, etc.
I would say go for it!

zebastian21

Re: Studio RTA desks anyone?

Post by zebastian21 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 pm

The Freeq wrote:Hi

Anyone used or using these desks. They seem a good deal for what you get.

Bout £125.....whats the catch...

http://www.studiorta.com/catalog/detail ... log_id=392
I have seen those in my local music store....its good for the money, but the top shelf is way to high for me, specially if you plan to use a computer monitor on that, it would have hurt my neck.
stop talking.....start working...:)
Macbook pro. Logic pro/Live. Access Virus Ti. Genelec 8040. my bread and butter :)

ChillyP

Post by ChillyP » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:20 pm

I have the smaller one and I really like it.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 pm

If you think its too high.. just get a high chair :P

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 pm

I've had mine for about 4 years now, I love it. I have the producer station. I think they are rather affordable for what you get.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:42 pm

I picked up the mid-range model that's ~$299 at a local Guitar Center But I got it much cheaper ;-) due to knowing some folks there but still was about $230. Nice casters, pretty solid. I put my M-Audio BX8a's on the outer edges of top shelf centering on the cd storage racks that go between top of desk and top shelf. I have a 20" WS Samsung 204BW monitor on it and yes, it's a bit high, BUT it's adjustable so I slid it all the way down. I bring my adjustable chair up a bit and it works out fairly well that way. Lots of space on top (now that I am using a belkins USB click switch to switch between 2 desktops (DAW and regular internet/game box) just not going in digital to monitor. Running both PC's through the BX8a's via 1/4" out from M-Audio OMNI Studio and 1/8" -> dual male XLR's into back of the speakers.

But with regards to the desk I went with the Studio Project vs the Producer due to a) costs and b) size. I could have fit the Producer at home but would take up a LOT of wall space. The small one is just that, too low for me. Not a bad little desk/table though. Mid-range model I think is just right unless you have a ton of rack mount equipment, then go for the Producer.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:25 pm

don't let the price fool you; the creation station desk is wonderful.. it's very well thought out and built solid.

i have my G5 on the left side of the bottom shelf and my power amp on the right side. with my rack equipment underneath the monitor shelf and some time spent tediously coiling and affixing cables to various posts and the cable tray, i have my entire setup - cables and all - contained on one rolling cart. it's fucking amazing.

once you've done that, the heavy-duty casters allow you to pull the desk out and fiddle with cables in the back very easily. at 199, it's roughly 1/3 of the price of an equivalent raxxess setup (which still doesn't give you a bottom shelf, cable management, casters, or even rack spaces between the desk and monitor stand).

big thumbs up for studio rta here.