Guess the Trumpet VSTi - can anyone identify it?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
cashman
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:21 am
Location: body - London, Eng 'land...of the lost'
Contact:

Guess the Trumpet VSTi - can anyone identify it?

Post by cashman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 am

I've watched this video from YouTube many times and am impressed with the Harmon mute sound that is played at 3.00.

It looks like it's coming from a VSTi in Live on a Mac.

Can anyone identify the plugin?

AFAIK, not Miles'tone, Virtual Trumpet or WIVI.
Cheers,
G
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

4.33
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: Moscow

Post by 4.33 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:31 am

try the Synful Orchestra vsti. not sure about its trumpets but its horns there are the absolute magic.
http://www.synful.com/

m:o
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:48 am
Location: Dreiländereck
Contact:

Post by m:o » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:44 am

Doesn't he said he plays samples shortly before he starts playing?
4770K/Live9Suite/Max4Live/Push/RME UFX/NordModularG2X/Machinedrum SPS1 UW/Elektron Analog Four/MBase11/Adam A7X

http://soundcloud.com/sphereandlowthing

cashman
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:21 am
Location: body - London, Eng 'land...of the lost'
Contact:

Post by cashman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:47 pm

4.33 wrote:try the Synful Orchestra vsti. not sure about its trumpets but its horns there are the absolute magic.
http://www.synful.com/
Thanks for the tip!
m:o wrote:Doesn't he said he plays samples shortly before he starts playing?
Yes, he does, but he doesn't say where they come from. Kontakt is mentioned on the description of the vid, but I'm not sure if that is the plugin. Perhaps it is a sound he himself has sampled, or perhaps there is a bank of wicked Harmon mute samples floating around out there, ready to buy. Either way, I'd like to find out.
The search continues...
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

gomi
Posts: 1133
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:29 pm
Location: earth

Re: Guess the Trumpet VSTi - can anyone identify it?

Post by gomi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:54 pm

cashman wrote:I've watched this video from YouTube many times and am impressed with the Harmon mute sound that is played at 3.00.

It looks like it's coming from a VSTi in Live on a Mac.

Can anyone identify the plugin?

AFAIK, not Miles'tone, Virtual Trumpet or WIVI.
Cheers,
G
he is most likely just playing the sounds that come on the device.
I used to have a yamaha wx7 back in the day..
i think the akai ones have some kick ass wind virtualization
hardware that lets them sound very realistic.

cashman
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:21 am
Location: body - London, Eng 'land...of the lost'
Contact:

Re: Guess the Trumpet VSTi - can anyone identify it?

Post by cashman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:38 pm

gomi wrote:
cashman wrote:I've watched this video from YouTube many times and am impressed with the Harmon mute sound that is played at 3.00.

It looks like it's coming from a VSTi in Live on a Mac.

Can anyone identify the plugin?

AFAIK, not Miles'tone, Virtual Trumpet or WIVI.
Cheers,
G
he is most likely just playing the sounds that come on the device.
I used to have a yamaha wx7 back in the day..
i think the akai ones have some kick ass wind virtualization
hardware that lets them sound very realistic.
Well, I have an EWI (see sig), and can tell you that, unfortunately, the sound is definitely not coming from the on-board synth. The sounds it makes are very (80s) cheesey, and despite being very expressively manipuated by the device, are a bit of a let down. I'm referring to the about the factory presets BTW; you can alter the sounds and there are other patches available, but IMO, the synth just hasn't the power.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

Post Reply