Live 6.0.7 Library Structure

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mag_Music

Live 6.0.7 Library Structure

Post by Mag_Music » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi all. You may well have covered this already, but let me quickly ask:

I just installed v6.0.7 completely fresh on a new machine I'm setting up; never had Live on it before. I copied the resulting library folder to my particular default location then I installed the Demo Songs pack, but it looks like this:

You'll notice the Clips, Lessons and Presets directories repeat themselves. They have different data in them. It looks like a combination of the old Live 5 structure and the v6 structure, but why? This doesn't seem to be good organization; has anyone addressed this?

Pardon if this is old stuff; I've been away from Live for a while, but trying to set up a faster PC.
What it is (for Now): (2) Lenovo Dual Core desktops, Edirol PCR-800, Sonar 8.5 PE, Live 8 w/Operator and Sampler, the unloved PT 8, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, GPO 4, mulititudinous plugs and libraries, much unused hardware. And... silence; much silence.

lanno

Post by lanno » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:33 pm

i've had this issue before. but it's strange that you never had live on the machine before. because, in my case, i've had live 6 on it, then reinstalled it, that's when this problem occured.

btw, try to uninstall live, then clear live's directory, and reinstall it.
may it helps.
cheers :wink:

p.s.: i'm not an expert, so don't blame me if it doesn't work :?

Mag_Music

Post by Mag_Music » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:22 am

Thanks, but that didn't change anything. Anyone from Ableton able to address this at all? I'm trying to get a fresh, stable install (can't get much fresher than a machine installed from scratch) that I can build on going forward and this current setup doesn't seem to be it. Some of these directories don't belong here; which should I eliminate and what should I do with what's in them?

And why did a fresh install create this structure, to begin with?
What it is (for Now): (2) Lenovo Dual Core desktops, Edirol PCR-800, Sonar 8.5 PE, Live 8 w/Operator and Sampler, the unloved PT 8, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, GPO 4, mulititudinous plugs and libraries, much unused hardware. And... silence; much silence.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:26 am

Maybe this explains a thing or 2.

http://www.thecovertoperators.org/archives/48

Mag_Music

Post by Mag_Music » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:31 am

I think I remember this, or something very similar, shortly after 6.0 came out and people were having trouble with library conversions they didn't know would be occurring. I just don't get why subsequent versions maintain the confusing construct.

Thanks for sending this.