JBL Room Correction Monitors

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
lesterdiamond

JBL Room Correction Monitors

Post by lesterdiamond » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:30 pm

I'm in the market for a pair of monitors and can't help but take a second third and fourth look at these.

How well does the room correction actually work? their sub also has this feature. Seems like these would be very beneficial to the home studio

funkdefino

Post by funkdefino » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 am

Nothing... and I repeat... NOTHING is going to fix bad acoustics in a room except you. You've heard "treat the illness not the symptom"?

Treat the room not the speaker.

That being said.

They a very nice monitors and for the money they are hard to beat. I can't say the RMC does anything more than give you a better balance in the sweet spot.

Other monitors that impressed me (in that price point)

Dynaudio - BM5A's
ADAm - A7's

but the

Blue Sky - System One's were the best bang for the buck IMHO

You can't go wrong with the JBL's though. Get'm you can always exchange them.
What is that? A .38?

38, 39, whatever it takes.

eyeknow

Re: JBL Room Correction Monitors

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:36 am

lesterdiamond wrote:I'm in the market for a pair of monitors and can't help but take a second third and fourth look at these.

How well does the room correction actually work? their sub also has this feature. Seems like these would be very beneficial to the home studio
I've used them, but never used the "room correction"...........

studio-proofing a room is HARD! Maybe give em a try? I do know at winter namm it seemed EVERYONE had a pair of these to demo stuff (hmmm...........a clue? big rooms/lousy acoustics/"acoustic adjusting?)

:)

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:07 pm

funkdefino wrote: Blue Sky - System One's were the best bang for the buck IMHO

You can't go wrong with the JBL's though. Get'm you can always exchange them.
i use these as my main pair of monitors and they're pretty damn amazing especially considering they cost what.. $500 in the USA .. that's just ridiculous and these speakers are nothing short of awesome.