how to access the clip editor in sampler?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pixel

how to access the clip editor in sampler?

Post by pixel » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:45 pm

hi forum

i just bought live's sampler today. everythings cool, but i have a problem:

if i want to access the clip view to change clip settings, how do i do that? is there a workaround from finding the file in the browser, adding it to a track and editing?

also, is there a way to change the green color in the sample view?

thanks

pixel
Macbook 1.83 GHz w. 2GB RAM - Fireface 400 - Micromodul LV2x2 - ESI midi mate - Os 10.6.6. - Live 8.2.1

blank

Post by blank » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:30 pm

K

maybe I'm dumb but I really don't get what you want to acess/edit.

for the color, change the skin maybe, the wave color will prolly too.
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 pm

hmm - i know what you mean .. unfortunately im new to sampler and looking for the same thing. there is a volume envelope/filter type thing in the filter/global section, but it seems like there should be some kinda clip view thing with envelopes and all.

anyone else?

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Sampler is an instrument.

If you are looking for clip envelopes, then you need to be looking at the CLIP, which PLAYS the Sampler, not the Sampler itself

You will find various envelopes specific to the Sampler there...

I also don't understand the original question.

If you are looking to edit the sample used in the Sampler, that can be done via the File Manager. Otherwise you can control many things about the sample via Sampler's.. wait for it.... "sample" tab. Start and end position, looping, etc.

??

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:50 pm

longjohns wrote:Sampler is an instrument.

If you are looking for clip envelopes, then you need to be looking at the CLIP, which PLAYS the Sampler, not the Sampler itself

You will find various envelopes specific to the Sampler there...

I also don't understand the original question.

If you are looking to edit the sample used in the Sampler, that can be done via the File Manager. Otherwise you can control many things about the sample via Sampler's.. wait for it.... "sample" tab. Start and end position, looping, etc.

??
yeah, well i guess that's the thing about Samplers isnt it? Instruments which use "clips" as a basis for synthesis. and with Live, we get so used to being able to manipulate the hell out of our clips.

but yeah, your right - the start/end/loop stuff is all there too, under sample..

thanks again longjohns - you got me 2x today.