Electrix Repeater now as a vst!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xuoham

Electrix Repeater now as a vst!

Post by xuoham » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Yaaay!!! :D

http://www.electrixpro.com/products/vrpro.html

Though, how much money will this be??

Not cheap, i guess. Don't know who owns a hardware Repeater, but the OS upgrade is a hundred thirty bucks, so this plugin might be even more than that.

I was recently considering using my good old Repeater again to have a more focused, concise and mind free live set on guitar, compared to using a complex delays setup i made with Live. Now this great news actually troubles me... Mmmmmm :roll:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Wicked.

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Seems like more vaporware from this company.

Must be two years since they claimed they were releasing the new Repeater.

Where is that?

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Never a good sign to me when they are more intersted in shifting boxes through dealers than allowing potential end users to download a trial version and purchase online of it works for them...

Everytime I see something like this, and TBH everytime I use a DJ softwrae package - I have to keep asking isnt live supposed to be really good at pitch shifting and time stretching - why the hell do I keep looking for somthing that can do it to far better quality. :?

Maybe the tech in Live is getting old and has well and truly overtaken and desparately needs some algorythm updates.

Yeh - this may not be that great too - wont know until we hear it...

Edit: another thought - this to my mind is partly what sampler should be excellent at, but no - its just a dumb multi-sample player with lots of mod options, but not the ones I want...
Nothing to see here - move along!

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:34 pm

What's the big deal here? Can't I do everything this software does in Ableton? The great thing about the real Repeater is that it's hardware.
hmmm.....

John Sweet

Post by John Sweet » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:35 pm

To be fair to these guys, I have an original Warp Factory and it's amazing. They just seem a little too crazy to stay in business.

Why the hell are they planning to make a turntable?

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:38 pm

FORMAT wrote:What's the big deal here? Can't I do everything this software does in Ableton? The great thing about the real Repeater is that it's hardware.
hmmm.....
Yes - of course - unless the artifacts that live introduces somettimes into its pitch shift/time stretch start getting irratating and no amount of fine tuning parameters/selecting high quality mode etc will fix it, so you resort to loading it into a DJ package *just* to get a relatively artifact free time stretch job done.
Nothing to see here - move along!

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:42 pm

They just seem a little too crazy to stay in business.
This is really a different company than the folks who designed and produced the original Electrix product line. The original company was located in Victoria, British Columbia (like me); their IP was bought by this new company.

I wish the new guys all the success in the world! Electrix designed lovely stuff (I got me several of their boxes), but they had a some trouble meeting release dates for Repeater, and other organizational difficulties. I'm glad to see it back in any form.

e.

_vrsn

Post by _vrsn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Epiphanius beat me to it, but I'll reiterate that this is NOT the same company. The small group of talented people who made up the original Electrix (a division of IVL Technologies) was dissolved in late 2001 / early 2002 and the brand was revived by another company a few years later.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:09 pm

_vrsn wrote:Epiphanius beat me to it, but I'll reiterate that this is NOT the same company. The small group of talented people who made up the original Electrix (a division of IVL Technologies) was dissolved in late 2001 / early 2002 and the brand was revived by another company a few years later.
so it's like a band broke up and then started up again with new members. whats the big deal?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 am

FORMAT wrote:What's the big deal here? Can't I do everything this software does in Ableton?
Well, talking of live looping, no, it's not quite true:

Repeater can behave like a delay with undo/redo possibilities.
In Live, either you go the "record" way for live looping and you loose all the feedback subtelties you get with a delay , and undo/redo is a bit awkward.
If you go the "delay" way, there's plenty of fun ahead, like punching silence into a loop just recorded, subliminaly fading away loop, etc..., but you have no undo/redo.
Repeater has the best of both worlds.

There really is a gap in the vst live looper field and i never found a convinicing vst live looper, even Mobius is to complex and weird.
That's why i think this might be some good news.
Hey, if they say they'll show the software at this show in London, they'll show it, won't they? Unless they want to be real jackasses.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:48 am

I still don't understand why Ableton does not have an audio overdub button similar to the MIDI overdub button, it just seems like a no-brainer for Live ... :?: :?: :?:

zerocrossing

Re: Electrix Repeater now as a vst!

Post by zerocrossing » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm reviving this necrothread because I'm curious as to how many people would buy a piece of software like this. Maybe in 2007 it was a bridge to far, but ten years later... I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were available. Who else?