don't buy an iPhone

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Meh.

I've owned nearly every piece of shit smart phone/PDA ever made, and they all suck compared to my iPhone.

It's the first device that did EXACTLY what it said that it would do, and flawlessly.

Too bad. I was soooo ready to hate this thing and stomp on it with my size 12s.

The new 3G is rumoured to have full GPS, that will also work in conjunction with the current cell tower triangulation to get you an incredibly accurate GPS unit. We shall see.

zappen

Post by zappen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:56 pm

"I've owned nearly every piece of shit smart phone/PDA ever made, and they all suck compared to my iPhone.

It's the first device that did EXACTLY what it said that it would do, and flawlessly. "

how modest, do you own a special one that does something more? i heard also the iphone apps are crashing is some circustamces

prolly it's just matter of what you want to do with your phone, i personally prefer to carry in my pocket a phone that can use memory cards to swap files, be a true navigator,record videos,act as a wifi router, save files from the web, browse/edit the files on the device, install thrid pary apps out of the box wich are the aspects that the iphone currently leaks

as full GPS? the current have NO half/quite/semi GPS. it 's google maps and it'a available free for many phones. it's not enuff accurate to be used as turn-by-turn navigator

mohler

Post by mohler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Don't buy an iPhone till next tuesday.......
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:09 pm

zappen wrote:"I've owned nearly every piece of shit smart phone/PDA ever made, and they all suck compared to my iPhone.

It's the first device that did EXACTLY what it said that it would do, and flawlessly. "

how modest, do you own a special one that does something more? i heard also the iphone apps are crashing is some circustamces

prolly it's just matter of what you want to do with your phone, i personally prefer to carry in my pocket a phone that can use memory cards to swap files, be a true navigator,record videos,act as a wifi router, save files from the web, browse/edit the files on the device, install thrid pary apps out of the box wich are the aspects that the iphone currently leaks

as full GPS? the current have NO half/quite/semi GPS. it 's google maps and it'a available free for many phones. it's not enuff accurate to be used as turn-by-turn navigator
To be honest I mostly use my cell phone to call people. Everything else on the iphone is a bonus and everything looks stunning. I'm Apple's target demographic. If you are a power cell phone user than the iphone is not for you, but they are working on changing that. Plus you have to admit all the apps that were made for cracked iphones were pretty slick...even if they don't work half the time. I've never seen any "Look what I can do on my blackberry" videso that people are going ga ga over.

The true testament to Apple's mass hypnosis is how many people bought an iphone at a high price despite it not being able to do what other "home office in your pocket" PDAs can do. And I don't think anything will match the excitement of people keeping their eye on new releases and updates...except from Apple haters who just don't want anything Apple.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 pm

After 5k+ posts and coming up on 4 years on this forum I learnted one thing

Apple updates their products every 3 to 6 months so get over it...

...while the next super duper G9 Leopard triple core ImacPhone with GreenToothx8 advanced mobile technology will be out in 2 weeks it's really not worth brooding over whether to purchase now or later

when the Iphone first came out they dropped the price a few weeks later
then Generation 2 came out
now another one
and another
and another

been there 87 times, played that game 23 times

just get what you need and be happy you have something a lot of other people don't ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:45 pm

zappen wrote:how modest, do you own a special one that does something more? i heard also the iphone apps are crashing is some circustamces

Modesty is the best policy. Chump.

And yes, my iPhone is special. It's titanium plated with an inscription on the back that reads:

"Landrvr1, You're the best. Thanks for letting me borrow your G650 last weekend. All The Best, Steve Jobs"

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:51 pm

beats me wrote:
zappen wrote:"I've owned nearly every piece of shit smart phone/PDA ever made, and they all suck compared to my iPhone.

To be honest I mostly use my cell phone to call people. Everything else on the iphone is a bonus and everything looks stunning. I'm Apple's target demographic. If you are a power cell phone user than the iphone is not for you, but they are working on changing that. Plus you have to admit all the apps that were made for cracked iphones were pretty slick...even if they don't work half the time. I've never seen any "Look what I can do on my blackberry" videso that people are going ga ga over.

The true testament to Apple's mass hypnosis is how many people bought an iphone at a high price despite it not being able to do what other "home office in your pocket" PDAs can do. And I don't think anything will match the excitement of people keeping their eye on new releases and updates...except from Apple haters who just don't want anything Apple.

Ja, right with you. The iPhone has 4 features that work flawlessly everytime for me, and they are the only ones that I care about.

1. Phone: Perfect. Visual Voicemail is a Godsend.
2. Email: Perfect.
3. Web Browser. Perfect.
4. iPod: When I don't want to lug around my standard, this is perfect.

I love Apple shit, but I'll trash my iPhone in a fucking heartbeat as soon as something comes along that's as stable, simple, elegant, and doesn't crash everytime you're trying to switch from your browser to your email app....

kristoffer1989

Post by kristoffer1989 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:28 am

HOOK IT UP TO LIVE!

zappen

Post by zappen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:29 am

can't multitask... lol and has a "real" web browser that can't play flash files..

condra

Post by condra » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:03 am

Dos and donts of being a successful musician:

Dont
..buy an iphone
..buy from REFX

Do
..a Barell Roll
..put keyboard on your head

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:25 am

djadonis206 wrote:After 5k+ posts and coming up on 4 years on this forum I learnted one thing

Apple updates their products every 3 to 6 months so get over it...

...while the next super duper G9 Leopard triple core ImacPhone with GreenToothx8 advanced mobile technology will be out in 2 weeks it's really not worth brooding over whether to purchase now or later

when the Iphone first came out they dropped the price a few weeks later
then Generation 2 came out
now another one
and another
and another

been there 87 times, played that game 23 times

just get what you need and be happy you have something a lot of other people don't ;)
Good good, my only complaint is that so far T-Mobile has been the best cell phone service I've used, 1000 anytime minutes for 39.99, and now in order to use the iPhone I'll have ot switch back to AT&T..... blah.
...and yeah, I really do need it, I get emails for jobs, and the calendar will save my ass from missing appointments etc.

Question for iPhone users! Can the calender be set up to trigger an alarm at a given time so you don't mis an appointment? If it did that, it would be worth the $399 right there.

Adonis, I'm betting you hooked up some sort of deal on your phone, which is cool, because a pretty consistant rumor is that AT&T are going to be splitting the cost of the new iPhones with the consumer. That happens and I'll easily break my contract with T-Mobile!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 am

condra wrote:Dos and donts of being a successful musician:

Dont
..buy an iphone
..buy from REFX

Do
..a Barell Roll
..put keyboard on your head
You're obviously spending way too much time on 4chan, Give it a break or you'll be posting gore here soon.

condra

Post by condra » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:36 am

lol

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:37 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Question for iPhone users! Can the calender be set up to trigger an alarm at a given time so you don't mis an appointment? If it did that, it would be worth the $399 right there.
Yup, you can make appointments in the calendar, and set alarms. You can even set 2 alarms per appt. if you need to.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:04 am

zappen wrote:can't multitask... lol and has a "real" web browser that can't play flash files..
:lol: Right on time zappen! This is like the only place you show up, right, any Apple thread you can find? Damn you're funny.

Anyhow, what are you using? Show us a pic of your ultimate mobile web browsing, with flash files poppin off all over the place if ya want.
Image Image