Changing EVERY clip from wav to aiff...possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dennis DeSantis

Changing EVERY clip from wav to aiff...possible?

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon May 20, 2002 9:28 am

Folks,

I've found a workaround for my horrible file corruption problems (glitches in most of my wav files, but ONLY in Live. No problems with the files themselves.)
I batch converted all of the wavs in my project folder to aiffs, and now they work fine. But it appears that I need to reload EACH clip by hand.
Is there any way to force my Live project to find all its original files names with the new extension?
So, if it's looking for abc.wav, when it finds abc.aif it'll accept that instead?
Otherwise, I'm going to have to reload about 400 clips by hand.

Not fun.

Dennis DeSantis
http://www.dennisdesantis.com

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Tue May 21, 2002 5:58 am

never mind

It doesn't really work anyway.

Live will read files that've had their extensions changed even if the file type stays the same, so I was able to reload all the new .aif files by simply forcing their names to end in .wav.

But they're all still broken anyway - in Live only. They work fine in every other app.

Tired,
Dennis DeSantis
http://www.dennisdesantis.com

neuronaut

multiple types of WAVs

Post by neuronaut » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:04 am

hey there,

I can't remember the specifics but there are many ways (formats) to encode a WAV file... maybe that's the problem?

Some of the better audio editing software will give you options when you save yer files...

peace.

neuronaut

1.5.1 fix

Post by neuronaut » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:40 am

Not sure if you still care, but I think 1.5.1 mentioned a fix for WAV formats... :!: