Deadmau5 ftw?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by friend_kami » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:14 pm

he used to be a member of sectionz.com, and he got signed on their label (that died i think, aswell as the site. well, actually z left the site to the users, while he started up another site), and back then he was using fl studio anyways. perhaps not entirely, but alot was produced with fl anyways.

cant beleive theres a buzz around deadmau5 now, szers got tired of him after two weeks from the sz label release hehe.

might check out his latest stuff, see whats new and exciting.
somewhere in the sz archives theres an interview with him from back then, incase anyones interested in what hardware/software he was using then anyways.

astroclyde
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 am
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Post by astroclyde » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:14 am

I just found out about this guy a few weeks ago and I love his tracks. He's one half of BSOD (better sounding on drugs...hahaha) they have a myspace page.

I found a mix by a DJ named Indica, his whole set is practically Deadmau5/BSOD tracks...some really phat beats...personally not into the rock remixes he through in at the end though.

If you go to this page http://www.musicv2.com/artist/dj_indica
halfway down the page there is a mix called "Indica @ HouseMania August 2007 Radioshow" you can download it and check out the mix.

...and of course his tracks are on beatport.com as well

dope producer!

GT
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: UK

Post by GT » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 am

deadmau5 wrote:
GT wrote:Join me for another monthly edition of Warp From Here. Broadcast begins at 7:00AM CST/8:00AM EST/14:00 CET/13:00 GMT.

http://www.sensegenerate.fm

Tracklist:
1. Presslaboys, Gianluca Ghezzi - Left & Right (Electro Mix)
2. Olav Basoski - Da Beat Kicks
3. Greg Kobe - Karma - No Stab Dub
4. James Harcourt, Udaye Rana - Wired (Visionary Mix)
5. Melleefresh. Deadmau5 - Afterhours (Electro House Mix)
6. Junior, Dee - 13 (Dereka Remix)
7. Deadmau5 - This Noise (Deeper logic Mix)
8. Supercommodore - Coline
9. Phatjak - Loaded
10. Turbofunk - Gotta Move (Trent Carelle & Chris Cox Mix)
11. Junior Jack - Stupidisco (Eric Kuppers Electric Funk Dubstrumental)
roflcopter!


wtf is with #2 tho?

*kudos*
Deadmau5 is a member of the Ableton community, why don't You ask him what he uses? :)

Sorry Mau... :lol:

He is awesome anyway!

mosca
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:16 pm

Post by mosca » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:44 am

he uses guru apparently - seeing as he's done a rather nice samplepack for the 1.5 upgrade.

Shoma
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post by Shoma » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:52 pm

hehe yeah, great producer

I remember him back in 2003 making some stuff for fruity loops :o

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by friend_kami » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Shoma wrote:hehe yeah, great producer

I remember him back in 2003 making some stuff for fruity loops :o
yeah, me too. was in the demo songs aswell, no?
anyways, ill go check out some of his new stuff i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpoLj4Q0Lw
really, its just electro, what makes it so special?

deadmau5
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by deadmau5 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:16 am

GT wrote:
Deadmau5 is a member of the Ableton community, why don't You ask him what he uses? :)

Sorry Mau... :lol:

He is awesome anyway!


lol... jueat read up on this.. been busy lately.. not much time to check the forums... im almost exclusively using ableton now... loving it to bits. gotta buy another copy for my incoming mac tho fo sure.... as far as synths.... mostly outboard... voyager / lil phatty / nordlead3... blah blah... big fan of the EL8 Distressor as well :D

Jaan
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Jaan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:00 am

WTF?
how can this be?
lmfao, tis a real honour ta have you here :P
still lovin your tracks man. genius, genius.
can't wait to hear the future from mau5trap/deadmau5
filthy

sonorous3
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by sonorous3 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:37 am

Jaan wrote: genius, genius.
lol :lol: ..the tracks are not bad at all but hardly "genius". Your scope in E music is obviously limited. No offence to the deadmausfive. :P

fratts
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by fratts » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:00 pm

sonorous3 wrote:
Jaan wrote: genius, genius.
lol :lol: ..the tracks are not bad at all but hardly "genius". Your scope in E music is obviously limited. No offence to the deadmausfive. :P
When you see 1000+ people losing it to Faxing Berlin and Jaded at Bora Bora in Ibiza, you realise these tunes are genius!!

Big thank you Deadmau5 for making me and my mates Ibiza summer extra special and I will never forget all those smiling faces from every part of the world when Oliver Lang dropped Faxing Berlin - MAGIC!!!

sonorous3
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by sonorous3 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:21 pm

fratts wrote:
sonorous3 wrote:
Jaan wrote: genius, genius.
lol :lol: ..the tracks are not bad at all but hardly "genius". Your scope in E music is obviously limited. No offence to the deadmausfive. :P
When you see 1000+ people losing it to Faxing Berlin and Jaded at Bora Bora in Ibiza, you realise these tunes are genius!!

Big thank you Deadmau5 for making me and my mates Ibiza summer extra special and I will never forget all those smiling faces from every part of the world when Oliver Lang dropped Faxing Berlin - MAGIC!!!
the toons arent bad, pretty good, but far from genios...very far from..and lets face it, many of those people are there for the djs and would go nuts for almost anything they play...and just cause people like a track itssgenios? LOL! ive seen people go nuts for dj sammy! And scooter...check out youtube..therefore scooter is a genois, sammy is god! :P

fratts
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by fratts » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Yeah, Sammy and Scooter are right at the front of what is great about dance music right now. :lol:

Certain tunes stand out above others and those are 2 of them IMO, and the reactions during 8 hours of having it when these tunes were played was obvious and stood out bigtime compared to all your usual big room tunes.

In my eyes, and in my opinion that's genius... :wink:

sonorous3
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by sonorous3 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:07 pm

fratts wrote:Yeah, Sammy and Scooter are right at the front of what is great about dance music right now. :lol:

Certain tunes stand out above others and those are 2 of them IMO, and the reactions during 8 hours of having it when these tunes were played was obvious and stood out bigtime compared to all your usual big room tunes.

In my eyes, and in my opinion that's genius... :wink:
Now that I don't understand at all since those tracks sound so similar to everything else out there in the genre. there were artists with that sound and style years before.

gerard
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: Luxemburg

Post by gerard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:01 pm

The guy's really on fire. I know that he uses Guru a lot. There's even a soundlibrary made by him that recently came out.

Another guy that has brought good tunes out this year is Dusty Kid!! Check him out :!:
MBP 2,5ghz
Live8
Maschine - AK1

http://www.myspace.com/milestoperdition

Ub373NNN
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Re:

Post by Ub373NNN » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:34 am

deadmau5 wrote:
GT wrote:
Deadmau5 is a member of the Ableton community, why don't You ask him what he uses? :)

Sorry Mau... :lol:

He is awesome anyway!


lol... jueat read up on this.. been busy lately.. not much time to check the forums... im almost exclusively using ableton now... loving it to bits. gotta buy another copy for my incoming mac tho fo sure.... as far as synths.... mostly outboard... voyager / lil phatty / nordlead3... blah blah... big fan of the EL8 Distressor as well :D
ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................

Post Reply