Birthday!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funky shit

Birthday!

Post by funky shit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:07 pm

I just turned 17 like 5 minuites ago, yeoooo!

But thats not the point!

I can write serious kick ass scores for films etc!! Im sure I can really go places with it, but Im stuck. I dont know what to do, or who to tell. Its very frustrating knowing you can do something but no prokects to work on. Has anybody been in the same position, need advice :)

rarr

Post by rarr » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 pm

start with emailing some film schools within the UK and ask them if they can spread the email around the film courses, i go to one of them and i know for a fact people on the film / animation courses look for composers when producing (as licensing commercial or copyright music is expensive), once the projects start this and next month you may find yourself with some interest

it would be good if you linked to a page with some examples on the email you send around

some good film schools in UK....

London Film and Television School
International Film School Wales
Bournemouth Arts Institute
Leeds Met Film School
Glasgow University

im at the international film school wales on a film course and my friends always ask me to do some scoring for them for their films but i have to turn them down alot of the time because i am already doing my own film im working on so there is opportunity...youll probably have to do some "Freebie" jobs first but it will build up your portfolio :)

also its £30 a year membership but it may lead to paid jobs, www.shootingpeople.org , theres a music section on there and often people look for composers

good luck!!

PS: im about to start my last year and we have our final film to do this year, which is the big graduation film, so if you pm me your details and some examples of what youve done ill be more than happy to send them around my course (not just my year, but others too)

rarr

Post by rarr » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 pm

ooh and i know someone at leeds met film school and also at bournemouth arts institute so i could probably get your contact details etc sent around them too

ooh almost forgot

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:51 pm

GREAT POST :D :D lol

thanks!

so your into film?
Ive left school having finished my gcses, and im now currently in a National Diploma in Media (Tv & Film).

Yeah I should get a whole bunch of shit together and start giving them away for free, should create some sort of attention 8) thanks man!

rarr

Post by rarr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:22 am

:D i did that course at college too

yeah im into film i love it, i started doing it in college when i was 16 in 2002 and loved it and went on to do it at university aswell, the last couple of years ive been more interested in the sound side of things, and last april i got into music production too when i got ableton live lite 4 with a sound card, from then on i just bought loads of things and started playing with music too

if your interested theres 3 films ive worked on at this site: http://uk.youtube.com/user/adiscobeat

the main one for me is "The Thief of Tomorrow" which i worked on the sound and music (and editing). It was done last october and was the first time id ever done sound on a film and the first time id used live 6 (as id just bought it and thought id give it a go with the video import). its an experimental / counterstyle film so it may be confusing. we filmed it all with no sound and then we build the soundtrack from scratch

There was me and another guy working on it all but he wasnt technical he was more of a "yeah that sounds good, what about this sound instead" person, i did all the hands on. All the sounds were done either with live or a microKorg - some sound effects were from a sound effects cd but they were all edited in some way with ableton, and all the music was me also except the guitar on the end credits which was the other guy

i really enjoyed it and im doing sound on our final graduation film and scoring it too so im really looking forward to that[/url]

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:24 am

Happy Birtthday funky!
tomorrow I turn X, where X is closer and closer to 30.
:P

seems botth our parents where getting jiggy at around the same time of year...
:oops:

:D happy birthday man.
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Mesmer wrote:Happy Birtthday funky!
tomorrow I turn X, where X is closer and closer to 30.
:P

seems botth our parents where getting jiggy at around the same time of year...
:oops:

:D happy birthday man.

yeah worst about it, is its also ma parents anniversary :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:33 pm

Face it. Us Virgos were just drunken Christmas/new years shags.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNKY!!!!!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Face it. Us Virgos were just drunken Christmas/new years shags.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNKY!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

lovely way to put it

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Happy Birthday

looks like someone swapped the K and J on your keyboard ;)

holla

peace

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music