the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:13 am

ollyb303 wrote:Sorry, I must have missed something... Who the fuck is Dave Matthews?
You must not have a girl friend.

:P

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:17 am

LOL. No, I'm married. Who is he?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:18 pm

just search "dave matthews band" on youtube, I'm sure you've heard him.

The first test of many relationships is when they guy finally admits to the girl that he hates Dave Matthews.

Some years ago, around 2001, my wife to be and I were driving along in her car. I had just picked up the CD "Confield" by Autechre and was checking it out on the car stereo.

My girl hated it, hated it to the point that we got in an argument over it. She declared: "it's not even fucking music!" at which point I ejected the CD from the player, put it back into it's case and threw the entire thing out the window of the moving car.

Jen was like "umm.... what the fuck dude, we just paid $15 dollars for that"

Later on, when cooler heads prevailed, we came to an agreement.

I told her I would never again play Autechre around her provided that she never again play Dave Matthews around me.

She agreed.

We were married in September of 2003 (tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary), our agreement endures, and our relationship is a strong as ever because of it!

:lol:

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

LOL. Brilliant.

Googled it - he looks shit.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:11 pm

smutek wrote:just search "dave matthews band" on youtube, I'm sure you've heard him.

The first test of many relationships is when they guy finally admits to the girl that he hates Dave Matthews.

Some years ago, around 2001, my wife to be and I were driving along in her car. I had just picked up the CD "Confield" by Autechre and was checking it out on the car stereo.

My girl hated it, hated it to the point that we got in an argument over it. She declared: "it's not even fucking music!" at which point I ejected the CD from the player, put it back into it's case and threw the entire thing out the window of the moving car.

Jen was like "umm.... what the fuck dude, we just paid $15 dollars for that"

Later on, when cooler heads prevailed, we came to an agreement.

I told her I would never again play Autechre around her provided that she never again play Dave Matthews around me.

She agreed.

We were married in September of 2003 (tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary), our agreement endures, and our relationship is a strong as ever because of it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had just picked up the CD "Confield" by Autechre and was checking it out on the car stereo.

8O

Wow smutek. You are an extreme dude.

Did you turn the car around and get the CD back or buy it again?

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 pm

hehe... yeah, we went back and got it.

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:33 pm

well thanks to this thread i now know who dave matthews is, dislike the music almost instinctually.. and then with passion after a couple of listens. i do not hear a welcomed breaking down the barriers of pop music with unique arrangements I just hear more of the same insipid shit which is giving acoustic guitars a bad name.
The story about the CD girlfriend and stuff was funny though

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Didn't want to read 5 pages of DMB bickering, but just wanted to chime in and express my loathing for Dave Mathews.

The only thing worse than DMB is DMB fans. The only thing worse than DMB fans is John Mayer. 8O

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:12 pm

February 2nd, 2009, and I still hate Dave Matthews.

Carry on.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't know. Now that everybody hates him I kind of like him.

Fatty Arbuckle, now that's somebody I still hate and he hasn't done anything since 1933.

xherv

Post by xherv » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 pm

I kind of liked his acting on House, but was strangely pleased when they took out the musically prodigious half his brain.
http://www.soundcloud.com/xherv
I know EVERYTHING that I know and you don't know, and don't know what I don't know that you know, so I'll ignore that stuff. Wassup now?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:48 am

Reminds me this board needs more threads about bands we all can agree contribute something worthwhile to music. Good luck in finding that band though. :lol:

Dave Mathews doesn't do anything for me. My only complaint about him is his fans trying to sell me on him by saying how talented he is. As if music was only about technical skill, and was akin to sports. "Dave noodled ten straight hoop shots with his guitar in a single show, while keeping a great attitude towards his audience, it's obvious he's superior!"

I seriously don't get the 'art' part of what he does, it's like a decent tie dye T-shirt that someone's trying to pass off as high art, but people like that sort of thing so who am I to judge? Personally I don't wear tie dye t-shirts and don't think of them as high art.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:46 am

dave is annoying
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 am

I'm actually not sure who I hate more:

Jack Johnson or Dave Matthews.

It's real, REAL close.

Give me a bit of time to think on this.