the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ShaneFontane
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:35 am
Location: Drty Jrzy
Contact:

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ShaneFontane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 pm

dave. dave. dave. apparently he wields super powers because his musicianship is generic at best, imho. YES, he can play well, but it all seems so generic.

why. why must it be so generic?

and i am def one who cannot listen to his music. i obviously do not have the personal connection that his fans found, but i suppose that's the same for all listeners/musician relationships...
_________________
SoundCloud:
http://soundcloud.com/shanefontane

"Like" my FB Page:
www.ShaneFontane.com

Blog:
http://www.DrDrt.com

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Sibanger » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:54 am

dhilsabeck wrote:
Mesmer wrote: DMB, 4 or 5 rugged smoky cats...and a drummer that can play ghost notes like no fucking software could ever produce

Dave Matthews Band
The Best Of What's Around Volume 1
Something Awful Review by Dr. David Thorpe

The Dave Matthews band is the ultimate example of the “good drummer law.” If ever you say something bad about a band and somebody says “yeah, well they had a really good drummer,” the band is even worse than you thought, and the person who made the remark is mentally unfit to be considered human. It is the ultimate weak-ass argument, and it is the last resort of the truly fucking clueless.
Take pity on the poor soul who invokes the good drummer. Buy him a lollypop and a copy of Phil Collins’ “No Jacket Required,” and mercifully prod him into the nearest active volcano.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Missed this gem almost a year back.
Still hating!

Image

Rabalder
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Norway

Re:

Post by Rabalder » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 am

aburgener wrote:Yeah but their drummer is pretty sick...
+1000000

dhilsabeck
Posts: 5935
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhilsabeck » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

:D

chris vine
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Brazil

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chris vine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:25 am

glad to see this thread resurrected........ :D

dhilsabeck
Posts: 5935
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhilsabeck » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:54 am

I like all this hatred coming from the Southern Hemisphere...

chris vine
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Brazil

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chris vine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:43 pm

ShaneFontane wrote:
why. why must it be so generic?
:lol:

synnack
Posts: 2053
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:55 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by synnack » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

i am not even going to read the thread. the subject alone is enough for a +1
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

Image

macmurphy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:21 am
Location: Emneth,Norfolk, UK

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by macmurphy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 am

i had no idea who dave mathews is so i googled him and listened to one of his, um, 'songs'.
'dancing nancies'.
christ. what a wanker.

spaceman
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:31 pm

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by spaceman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 pm

I love Dave Matthews, and his band.
Top notch!

spaceman
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:31 pm

Re:

Post by spaceman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 pm

smutek wrote: I told her I would never again play Autechre around her provided that she never again play Dave Matthews around me.

She agreed.

We were married in September of 2003 (tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary), our agreement endures, and our relationship is a strong as ever because of it!
In all fairness, Autechre is shit and the Dave Matthews Band is ace.
But that's a good agreement anyway.

Verbal
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Verbal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Why do you hate Dave Matthews?

Making a topic about how you hate him and that you hate everyone that likes him without a valid reason just makes you look like a dbag.

dhilsabeck
Posts: 5935
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

john gordon
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Delaware

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by john gordon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Verbal wrote:Why do you hate Dave Matthews?

Making a topic about how you hate him and that you hate everyone that likes him without a valid reason just makes you look like a dbag.
thats right i am a dbag and i hate you as well fucker.now go suck a cock you cum guzzling turd.
thanks for keeping this thread alive peeps!!!! one love....

spaceman
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:31 pm

Re: the i hate dave matthews thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by spaceman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 am

john gordon wrote:
Verbal wrote:Why do you hate Dave Matthews?

Making a topic about how you hate him and that you hate everyone that likes him without a valid reason just makes you look like a dbag.
thats right i am a dbag and i hate you as well fucker.now go suck a cock you cum guzzling turd.
thanks for keeping this thread alive peeps!!!! one love....
the internet is a great invention.
It must save millions in psychiatry bills all over the world.

Post Reply