Quadscratch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
compositeone

Quadscratch

Post by compositeone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Been thinking about the vinyl control of digital files yaddadadad, so......

So any one used Quadscratch yet at all?

Any one used it with Live?
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:30 pm

Why are there so many digital vinyl solutions arriving on the market right now? I figure they must be really cheap to produce? Or easy to code? or both? because seems like every month or two theres another. None of them offer all the features I want though. (Stability, accuracy, midi control, no need for extra soundcard...)

EgAD

Post by EgAD » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:36 pm

none of them offer what i want either which is a proper scratch sound.

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:01 pm

EgAD wrote:none of them offer what i want either which is a proper scratch sound.
Um... What? You use the same sounds as you would on a record. I've ripped all my battle weopons onto my harddrive and use them to scratch with Mixvibes.
chrysalis33rpm wrote:None of them offer all the features I want though. (Stability, accuracy, midi control, no need for extra soundcard...)
Mixvibes

I would avise anyone to give mixvibes a look. You can use any soundcard with it...

Also - check out th sweet Vestax controller for mixvibes:

Vestax Custom Mixvibes Controller

(Okay, not exactly custom - but it is skinned to suit Mixvibes...)

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm

EgAD wrote:none of them offer what i want either which is a proper scratch sound.
What do you mean by this cause from what I have heard I totally disagree?

The first time I ever heard a final scratch being used in anything but a demo situation was on a Radio 1 show with DJ Marky and DJ Craze (3 times world champ?) doing a three deck set. It wasn't until I looked up the show afterwards and saw that Craze had been using the final scratch did I know he was.

That was 4 or 5 years ago (maybe longer?), so surely the technology across all systems would be better by now?

Is it the actual sound? Or is the way in which it interprets the record movement gives a different sound to the same movement with a normal vinyl setup?

Patch

Post by Patch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:28 am

Yeah - I didn't really understand his statement either. Back when FS first came out there were problems with REAL slow scratching (drags, for example) and you couldn't pull of rubs or hydroplanes that well either - but that was version ONE. The technology has come on leaps and bounds now, and I'm VERY happy with Mixvibes. I've also given Deckadance a go as well, and that seems like it has really good vinyl emulation too.

The greatest thing by far, is being able to line up all your favourite scratch sounds on one track and go nuts for an hour!

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:44 pm

Patch wrote: The greatest thing by far, is being able to line up all your favourite scratch sounds on one track and go nuts for an hour!
Yeah man custom battle weapons, that's the shit I'm talking about. :)