Reregistration timeframe for 2nd hand ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Caveman

Reregistration timeframe for 2nd hand ableton

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:29 am

Hey Team.
I'm brand nu to the ableton forums. I look forward to hours of entertainment and insightful knowledge.

My Question is this: I recently brought a second hand boxed copy of live 6. The seller had emailed ableton to unregister yada yada.

It's been about a week since his email and he has apparently sent more. Whats the normal timeframe for this? Should I be worried?

Also I have his serial codes but I'm weary of using em'. Should I just load em up and start playin?

This is my 1st DAW so it's all new to me. Thanks in advance.

J.

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:00 am

BTW I did do a search before starting this tread but have since found one similar. so it would seem it may be a normal timeframe.

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:53 pm

Geez, not exactly a friendly place. not even a "hi" "sup" or "welcome". let alone knowledge. lol. And I thought other forums were ice cold. Oh well I'm used to talkin to myself anyways mofos heh heh.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:57 pm

hi there!

welcome to the forums, dont worry people will reply eventually :)

as for your issue regarding the serial, first try loading up Live 6 and seeing if you can unlock it.

if the previous owner hadn't used up all of the Unlock's you may be in luck and up and running before you know it.

anyways, if you have concerns you can email support@ableton.com yourself instead of relying on the person who sold you the 2nd hand copy.

good luck let us know if it works out.

dCross

Post by dCross » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Hey J.

Our forums are pretty well read, but stuff can always fall through the cracks - sorry for the delay!

If you have the serial numbers, you should be able to check on the transfer for an update. Here's the webpage with the appropriate contact info:
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support_contact

Also, check this page to make sure you (and the guy who you bought Live from) aren't accidentally filtering our email responses:
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/wh ... structions
David Cross
Public Media Coordinator
Ableton Inc. (NYC)

cross@ableton.com

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:07 pm

Alright. thanks for your replies. mucho appreciated, and I take it all back. I figured people just had more interesting threads to read. Off to work now but I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks again. Jake

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Caveman wrote:Alright. thanks for your replies. mucho appreciated, and I take it all back. I figured people just had more interesting threads to read. Off to work now but I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks again. Jake
we only care about two things here.

Logic 8 and Endless Shrimp.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Caveman wrote:Geez, not exactly a friendly place. not even a "hi" "sup" or "welcome". let alone knowledge. lol. And I thought other forums were ice cold. Oh well I'm used to talkin to myself anyways mofos heh heh.
You seem like a nice chap...

Keep in mind, there are something like 30,000 registered users and 400,000 posts just in this forum...it's actually phenomenally junk-free and friendly for a forum of this size...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Caveman wrote:Geez, not exactly a friendly place. not even a "hi" "sup" or "welcome". let alone knowledge. lol. And I thought other forums were ice cold. Oh well I'm used to talkin to myself anyways mofos heh heh.
:D
<drops pants in anticipation of secret handshake>

can I interest you in a warm cat milk douche, the ritual testicle shaving or a game of ping pong?
Last edited by Tone Deft on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 pm

Tone Deft wrote:

can I interest you in a warm cat milk douche, the ritual testicle shaving or some tarnce studio time?
warm cat milk please

klarky

Post by klarky » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:03 pm

yeah i tried the support address and they replied right away, the customer support one i tried first and got no reply.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:07 pm

klarky wrote:yeah i tried the support address and they replied right away, the customer support one i tried first and got no reply.
yeah customer support is usually drunk by noon. best bet with them is to send up a little black tar heroine and a chew toy, preferably orange, they like the orange ones for some reason.

support works, they're the most sober guys at Ableton because they can't stop maturbating long enough to tie one on, that's why they're always online, ready for your e-mail.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
klarky wrote:yeah i tried the support address and they replied right away, the customer support one i tried first and got no reply.
yeah customer support is usually drunk by noon. best bet with them is to send up a little black tar heroine and a chew toy, preferably orange, they like the orange ones for some reason.

support works, they're the most sober guys at Ableton because they can't stop maturbating long enough to tie one on, that's why they're always online, ready for your e-mail.
also its a bit of a sausage fest over there...

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Tone Deft wrote:

can I interest you in a warm cat milk douche, the ritual testicle shaving or a game of ping pong?
Oh shit. I belong to a hardware forum thats notoriously homophobic. I didn't realize they had scared all the battys to the live forum. A testie shave would ruin my cavemanish image.

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Tone Deft wrote:

LMAO this is more like what I expected.