All times are UTC

Post subject: Please Help with the Loop Brace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:39 am 

I'm absolutely tearing my hair out trying to get the loop brace smaller than 1.2!!

What's the deal with that?

Is that as small as you can go?

I'm creating really small sounds for a website interface, how can you get the loop bar smaller to render stuff out?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:45 pm 

Have you adjusted the timeline bar up top further out to see the sample spread out longer? That's about all I can think of (may not be correct term for that part of the interface).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:49 pm 

what is your Grid set to? Half notes?

If your grid is set to half notes, for instance, you will be able to draw the loop brace in increments of half notes. Right click the numbers that appear in the Clip Window and make 'em smaller, then try adjusting the loop length again.

Or have you tried typing in the length manually?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:53 pm 

Wait... you want to render really short soundfiles, or you want to loop really short segments of sound into longer soundfiles?????

Are you talking about the LOOP BRACE inside the Clip View window, or the loop brace in the big Arrangement window?

Still, adjusting the grid should help you if its the latter. The former you can type in manually under 'loop length'

Also try holding down the ALT button as you drag to bypass the grid altogether

Last edited by laird on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm 

I'm assuming you are talking about editing in the sample display (Loop Brace) and not in arrangement view (Loop/Punch-Recording Region):

If you have 'Warp' enabled for the clip, 'Crop Sample' will use the loop brace to select the crop region. The finest detail being 0.0.1 (=1/16th). To make this a smaller increment of real 'time' you could increase the 'Seg. BPM'.

Alternatively, if you deactivate 'Warp', 'Crop Sample' will use the start and end markers instead of the loop brace to edit as fine as you wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:38 pm 

Sorry i should have clarified, i mean in the Arrangement view. It seems you can only get the loop bar down to a certain point, what if you want want to render out tiny little clicks and pops? Or just dance around the timeline rendering out little segments wherever? I realize you can get into much more fine detail in the clip view, but then i have to get over to arrangement to render out anyway. I wish i could right clik on a clip in clip view and hit 'render'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:46 pm 

Did you turn off the grid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:01 pm 

[art] wrote:
Sorry i should have clarified, i mean in the Arrangement view. It seems you can only get the loop bar down to a certain point, what if you want want to render out tiny little clicks and pops? Or just dance around the timeline rendering out little segments wherever? I realize you can get into much more fine detail in the clip view, but then i have to get over to arrangement to render out anyway. I wish i could right clik on a clip in clip view and hit 'render'.

you can do that by freeze-flatten.