Live 7 announced!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:57 pm

pat the dog wrote:
smutek wrote:I've been deciding whether or not to buy Logic, this announcement just helped me make up my mind.
so what did you decide? frankly, other than the drum rack, i don't see much to get excited about...
Sidechaining, tempo changes, tempo nudge, notes to self...do you have a pulse? Sorry, dont mean to be rude, you must be just focused on something unlike what I am wanting to do...

blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:
blaugruen7 wrote:i am holding my breath:
more than 128 recordable midi automation parameters???????
this is the question which is real interesting for me,

will all paramaters changed by the mouse in plugins like stylus be recorded?

are there folders now?

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:59 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
alvaro wrote:Please, any beta tester can tell me if there is any kind of dual monitor support, detachable views, etc.?
no
8O

:?

:(

:cry:
Last edited by alvaro on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glu

Post by glu » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 pm

I just want to know how much the 7 suite is edu-priced upgrade from 5.2.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:09 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:Sidechaining, tempo changes, tempo nudge, notes to self...do you have a pulse? Sorry, dont mean to be rude, you must be just focused on something unlike what I am wanting to do...
fair enough, i'm using live for production not djing so i was actually hoping to see more workflow improvements in that area, such as alias clips or a consolidated session / arrange view.

sidechaining i already do with trackplug, though i'd be interested to hear what other possibilities this opens up in live.

that drum rack does look the business though. looks much more manageable than a rack of samplers and the ability to fold-out sub-mixes is intriguing.

Alien Leg

Post by Alien Leg » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 pm

Oh my god this is disappointing! After reading Roberts comments about the importance of several feature wishes I was expecting an overhaul of the arrange, recording automation to session and dozens other things the wishlist is full of. I don't care much for instruments, I have enough. Live gets reasonized!
Well Sonar gets more interesting all the time...
Win XP Pro SP3, Live 7
Q9450@3.2Ghz, 4 GB RAM,
BCF2000, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Mindprint TRIO

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 pm

Wow, just been messing around with the "slice to new MIDI" thats quite good fun. Just cut a whole song up! It took a little while, but its quite fun how it assigns the clips in that drum rack format.. quite interesting with things like vocals.. Im sold already.
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Tone Deft wrote: REX support, would this make Recycle a good companion program? did they bring back the EDIT button?
jeez, you've just blown my mind with that comment...i noticed & thought about the rex/recycle thing but using it with the EDIT button - man that's gonna be sick

substance_g

Post by substance_g » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:20 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote: Sidechaining, tempo changes, tempo nudge...
Tempo nudge is lovely. It's one of those little things that shows Live is developed by musicians who actually use this thing live. Now I'm using it, I don't know how I managed without it!
MBP-Live7-Oxygen8-Ultralite-UC33e-WaldorfPulse

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm curious as to what the "Many Other Important Improvements" are. Being able to write notes is a major improvement for me, but wasn't specifically mentioned, so who knows what other great new features there are?

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm

Alien Leg wrote:Oh my god this is disappointing! After reading Roberts comments about the importance of several feature wishes I was expecting an overhaul of the arrange, recording automation to session and dozens other things the wishlist is full of. I don't care much for instruments, I have enough. Live gets reasonized!
Well Sonar gets more interesting all the time...
yeah WTF is up with that?

who needs more Acoustic Drums, Strings, drum machines, electric pianos, analog synths, etc etc etc, its all been done before. Not innovative AT ALL. Bad marketing. I don't get it. Or will these new instruments actually be mind-blowingly groundbreaking in their approach?

glu

Post by glu » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:23 pm

ethios4 wrote:I'm curious as to what the "Many Other Important Improvements" are. Being able to write notes is a major improvement for me, but wasn't specifically mentioned, so who knows what other great new features there are?
exactly what I have been thinking. They aren't going to mention everything. They are probably still working out some features that haven't been mentioned- in case anything has to be scrapped as they iron out the bugs.

beta testers will speak up i'm sure.

glu

Post by glu » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:26 pm

any new timestretching algos?

substance_g

Post by substance_g » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:29 pm

glu wrote:any new timestretching algos?
You mean the Warp Modes? I see no changes to 6, but maybe there's something under the hood in the existing algorithms.
MBP-Live7-Oxygen8-Ultralite-UC33e-WaldorfPulse

blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:32 pm

is there no longer a restriction to 128 recordable midi parameters?

i will ask this the last time here and then phone NI tomorrow morning. lol