Why are people always disappointed?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gaijin1717

Why are people always disappointed?

Post by gaijin1717 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:25 am

Even if things are getting better...slowly. It takes time.

That's it.

(I've never used Live 7. I'm glad it's there, though.)

ilia

Re: Why are people always disappointed?

Post by ilia » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:50 am

some of us have been waiting for a bunch of years for certain issues central to our way of working to be addressed. we have just been told to check back in a year or so, and we are a bit upset. makes sense?

otherwise it's all good, 7>6.

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:00 am

Bitching about things seems to lead to improvements. So keep bitching away people and one day will get what we want. Of course, then we'll want something newer and better by then.
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:02 am

You simply can't please everyone.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:12 am

people are generally a lot more bitchy over the internet than in real life.

fuck you ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gaijin1717

Post by gaijin1717 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:14 am

Yeah, I really do understand. I will pick a fight with anyone over the phone. Particularly people who work for my bank, or Kaiser, or MUNI, etc. And I'll pick a fight in person as long as they're really, really old.

It's true, too, that you can't expect much unless you ask for it.

And here's me bitching: Now I feel like I have to buy a new computer because I really want Live 7 Suite but don't have a big enough hard drive or enough ram. Plus, I don't even think I know 6 enough to rationalize trying to learn a grip of new instruments.

greta

Re: Why are people always disappointed?

Post by greta » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:52 am

[quote Even if things are getting better...slowly. It takes time.
quote]

This is the 21st Century.....we don't do slowly. :wink:

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:09 am

Isn't it ironic though? We have opportunity and technology at our fingertips which makes like gods to humans of other eras (not even that long ago!) and yet we keep bitching that its not enough...

Of course, I am just happy that they FINALLY FUCKING INLCUDED TEMPO NUDGE!!!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:27 am

Tone Deft wrote:people are generally a lot more bitchy over the internet than in real life.

fuck you ;)
Padawan speaketh the truth! :lol:

I think it probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's extremely unlikely that you'll get physically assaulted as a result of making a bitchy comment than you would in real life. Virtual cowardice or just plain fun?

It's funny though, and that's what makes it good 8)

ilia

Post by ilia » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:44 am

I say exact same things when I meet with Ableton people in person as I say on the forum. In fact, I probably talk about more issues privately, because I feel that some of them are my personal concerns that do not speak for most users.

I think the company puts out an exceptional product and is responsive to its user base; I also feel that this update should have addressed several important aspects of the workflow, which it didn't. I'm glad that the 64-bit summing bus makes you excited, but it's not going to stop me from voicing my concerns, virtually or in person.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:02 am

its because this forum is full of whiny bald belgian dickless faggots who couldnt make a finished track if you installed hawtin up their rectum, so they wank on endlessly how they NEEEEEED feature xyz blah blah

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:11 am

Tone Deft wrote:people are generally a lot more bitchy over the internet than in real life.

fuck you ;)

LOL!!!

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:21 am

Martyn wrote:

fuck you ;)
Padawan speaketh the truth! :lol:

I think it probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's extremely unlikely that you'll get physically assaulted as a result of making a bitchy comment than you would in real life. Virtual cowardice or just plain fun?

It's funny though, and that's what makes it good 8)
As to the rash of belligerence on the Internet:

"Up until recently it's all been self prescribed psychotherapy to sooth the frustrated & poor masses, but now most all people of all classes can no longer afford psycho therapy because of saving their money for Ableton 7. Now when you search anything in Google, it will simply return a big FUCK YOU to save us all the money, time & energy."

Ahhhh...efficiency through technology.

Above quote courtesy of the latest issue of Science Today.

ghast

Post by ghast » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:08 pm

You call this anger? You should check out the everquest forums. Gamer geeks be ANGRY...

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:49 am

ghast wrote:You call this anger? You should check out the everquest forums. Gamer geeks be ANGRY...
...or IMDb. Now *there* are some real retards.

BTW, does anyone know if you can post image links on this forum? I can't seem to find the "posting page"