Screw Live 7 Keep Updating 6

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dazexus

Screw Live 7 Keep Updating 6

Post by dazexus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey,

Don't you think Ableton is 'double dipping' a tad releasing live 7 almost a year after 6, surly they should finish fixing all the bugs and features missing from previous version such as 6.

I for one wont be upgrading to 7 as the features they are including I don't think are worth the extra £100 its just a shame they are become increasingly money hungry! I first moved from cubase to live because I like the way the software worked and its great but it just seems that ableton is releasing half finished software and forcing people to pay more money to get the feature or FIXES that should be in the version we already bought!

Anyone else getting this vibe?

Surly they could just keep updating 6 and release the instruments and samples separately?

DaZ

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:10 pm

6 works great for me!!!

you don't have to buy 7.

$150 is cheap, get a job!!

:P
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

dazexus

Post by dazexus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Heh i can afford it thats not the issue, its just its annoying that if I want my ableton to keep up todate I have to pay £100 for the luxary which is a bit annoying considering there are still things to be done with 6, besides that £100 could go to better use.

DaZ

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Live is a relatively young DAW.

You guys must be patience until it grows to its full potential.

My vibe is that, until now, Abes have been doing a great job. They have been adding classic (and not far classic) DAW features in a very nice and neat way, since v1. I preffer that than a cluttered and poorly designed bunch of features. Live is a software and GUI masterpiece and adding new things to it must be carefully considered and developed. In Cubase, they just add a new Window / Menu / Option for the new thing and everything becomes a mess.

nolus

Post by nolus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:32 pm

it's not £100 it's 99 Euros or 129 Euros for the boxed version
eg £69 / £89

And the full upgrade to boxed aleton suite (399 euro / £276) does contain operator, sampler, analog, electric, tension, drum machines, session drums and eic. take away the £69 for the basic upgrade and that works out at around £26 each.

I don't think that's to bad personally.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"