rename clips?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiderprod

rename clips?

Post by spiderprod » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:45 pm

is it possible to rename a new recorded clip???
am i dumb or what?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:08 pm

read the manual. (if i remember well, you can select the clip in teh browser, then ctrl+E).

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:21 pm

select the clip. the clip name can be changed in the upper left corner of the clip view.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:08 pm

this is true. HOWEVER, when renaming a clip thats been recorded, I'm pretty sure the clip in the file folder retains the same name, while the clip (or clips) you've physically renamed shows the new name in the set. This is so that Live doesn't get too confused--it want to always refer back to the original clip. Thus, renamed clips are just a new name that refers live to the original file, which retains its original name.

Ryan

borg

Post by borg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:03 pm

ryan said it all, however, you can rename the file in the computer system folder. then live will tell you this file is missing or has been moved and will give you the option to look for it. since you are referring to a freshly recorded clip, there's no harm done to other live sets/programs that contain this clip.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:21 pm

true true. SOmetimes as a slight shortcut, I'll hit ctrl+r to "render to disk" in Live, but just use that as a means to have a browser to get to the sample whose root name I wish to change, the right click and rename it there, then exit out of rendering. Keeps everything in live so I don't have to minimize and go find the folder etc...

Ryan

borg

Post by borg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:34 pm

how convenient... must give that a try, thanks :!: