You beta testers really suck

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jb61264

You beta testers really suck

Post by jb61264 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Grabbing up all the beta serial numbers before I could even see they extended the beta circle again last week....argh :cry:
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm

But look on the bright side. If you had gotten there in time to get a serial number, then you would suck too.

So at least you don't suck. Like me. :wink:
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:21 pm

Since when do you need to be a beta tester to suck. I've sucked long before the concept of beta testing even existed.

mdk

Post by mdk » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm

its not all fun you know. regular crashes, trying to reproduce problems, frustration when things dont quite work so do you dig in now, or wait till they are fixed (by this i mean mainly the drum racks and not being able to drag in say 100 samples in one go)

also debating if i should test the addon AAS instruments, because they need testing but i dont want them..so maybe if i test them i'll start to like them and then end up having to buy them...

i think its unlikely because i really dont like the originals, but maybe a new UI will take me down different paths and i'll rack them with fx so they dont sound so horribly shiny.

you see. its almost a burden.

almost :wink:
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

jb61264

Post by jb61264 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:48 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote:But look on the bright side. If you had gotten there in time to get a serial number, then you would suck too.

So at least you don't suck. Like me. :wink:
LOL...good point...I feel much better about myself now :D
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:54 pm

dont worry about it
when i beta tested five my computer never recovered. let the fan boys put their systems at risk :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
seriously the constant crashing did some serious damage to registry files and shit I have no clue about. a full reinstall was done later.
when i beta tested some hardware years ago the whole process was much more organised than this and you got to speak to the actual developer. this posting stuff on a forum is a a bit of hype if you ask me but of course it has to be done and I do thank those who test for the rest of us
i dont even know if I will upgrade to 7 and that will be a first for me. I have had every version since version two. four was the best and is still very usueable if you dont need the mid. Theres something very fluent about four.

8)
HA HA HA :twisted:

illtrooper

Post by illtrooper » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:42 am

"i dont even know if I will upgrade to 7 and that will be a first for me. I have had every version since version two. four was the best and is still very usueable if you dont need the mid. Theres something very fluent about four."

I agree, I got a lot done with that version and I'm still on 5 right now, thinking "actually, everything I want to get done is getting done." The LIVE program is amazing, I reccomend it all the time, so that's not meant as a slam; I've owned every version since 1.5 (it used to be such a bargain!), but the only feature I've really been hoping for year after year seems to be missing once again: the ability to cross-fade on the same audio track, a la ProTools.

I'll probably move to 7 next year, when I have some time to delve into it...
"This government needs a tune-up" - Chuck D