[OT] California is Burning!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm

I do like how the news sensationalized it calling it "california firestorm!"

fuck the news.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:15 pm

victorjohn wrote:
dango wrote:Cali fell in to a burning ring of fire

it went down down down and the flames got higher

oh it burns burns burns

the ring of fire

thew ring of fire
hilarious, truly.
???uhh, poignant maybe...I take it you don't know anybody there.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:18 pm

oh it burns burns burns

the ring of fire

thew ring of fire
hilarious, truly.[/quote]
[/quote]

There is nothing funny about people losing their homes. Some people are cracking jokes cause they assume it's only rich people living in Hollywood but honostly it's not at all like that and even if it was a rich person losing their home how exactly is that funny?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 pm

+1 that's fucking lame. I have friends and family down there, this is REAL.

d0uche_bags. :roll:
Last edited by Tone Deft on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

victorjohn

Post by victorjohn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:

oh it burns burns burns

the ring of fire

thew ring of fire
hilarious, truly.
[/quote]

There is nothing funny about people losing their homes. Some people are cracking jokes cause they assume it's only rich people living in Hollywood but honostly it's not at all like that and even if it was a rich person losing their home how exactly is that funny?[/quote]

To clarify: I live here. My reply was sarcastic. I don't think its funny in the least that the entire county is burning down.

I am actually shocked. And to the guy who is down on the press, yes they are morons, but there really is no need to sensationalize what is going on here... One fifth of the population of a county the size of some EU countries is displaced from their homes and the size of the fire proper is bigger than most of the Pacific Islands.

...and thats only one of the fires. A "firestorm" isn't nearly too strong a word for what is going on here.

Its a total disaster.
http://www.tekfunk.com/

"No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."-Albert Einstein

Cache

Post by Cache » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:36 am

hey i live in hollywood! no fires here. its like when the power goes out in CALI, they keep the power on for LA because sociiety would break down if the power went out out in LA....

think about how you would feel though if you're house burnt to the ground and all you escaped with was your laptop and your favorite jumper.....

not funny at all.
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/1800cachecall
myspace.com/autonomousunit
myspace.com/kinesicla
myspace.com/pocketonfridays

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:02 am

Tone Deft wrote:+1 that's fucking lame. I have friends and family down there, this is REAL.

SHeeeeeeit How's everyone doin' Mate? :? Have they had to move?

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:I do like how the news sensationalized it calling it "california firestorm!"

fuck the news.
I agree, I can't stomach our sensationalized newscasts 99% of the time, but last night my friend who grew up in San Diego and has lots of family there was telling me how bad it is. Most of her family has been evacuated, 3000+ people are living in a sports stadium. It sounds awful.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:26 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:+1 that's fucking lame. I have friends and family down there, this is REAL.

SHeeeeeeit How's everyone doin' Mate? :? Have they had to move?
Thanks for asking.

there were a few tense hours when we couldn't get a hold of the in-laws or other relatives in San Diego but eventually got through. one family had to evacuate for a few hours and they know people whose homes burnt down but luckily nobody we know personally has been affected.

I think the size of the area is deceiving, it's a few hours to drive from San Diego to LA, that's the size of the some of the countries you lot live in, this is MUCH larger than Hollywood (which IS a turdhole). California is deceptively HUGE.

it seems the latest rants are about comparing all this to Katrina, which is just bad reporting that trivializes both disasters.
Last edited by Tone Deft on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Nogi

Post by Nogi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:09 pm

It was just starting to get really bad when I got my ass out of there late Sunday night. The setting sun was purple through the black sky horizon at LAX. Couple that with the hurricane force sandstorm I went through on Saturday in Antelope Valley and I'd had enough of California. It has gotten much worse since then in which case I'd say 'Firestorm' is just about right.

dango

Post by dango » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:35 pm

geese, you know sometimes people around here. i lived in Cali for 10 years. 95% of the people i know are in So. Cal one of them almost lost his home in arrowhead, again for the 3rd or fourth year in a row. and i was living in laguna beach during the big fires they had years ago in which several friends lost their houses. but they are still alive and well and not whining about it. it's natures course. when you have 14 million people in a small, dry, windy area on a fault line, shit is going to happen from time to time. just wait until the big one comes and drops that mess into the ocean.

title of thread: califorina is burning - can i help it if johnny cash comes into my head.

trailer courts in tornado alley are constantly being trashed and destroyed, so wheres the 3 page thread for those poor hicks? there isn't one. if you live in an accident prone area, shit happens. every year cali has fires. what a big surprise. sure i know it sucks, but no sense in leaving out humor. lighten up people.
Last edited by dango on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm

geese, you know sometimes people around here are way too sensitive and act a little like cry babies. meh, my head's all messed up on cold medicines this week, been DXM tripping for 5 days now :? I feel like a lizard, acting like one too. nothing is too serious to laugh about but we had a sobering moment trying to reach people down there this week.

it isn't a trailer park, trivialize it all you want, it IS a big deal.

dango - you flip flop all the time. first you come out with a smart ass comment, then turn around with a super liberal stance, wonder why you catch flack?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:55 pm

I'm actually heading down to San Diego for two weeks on the job doing GIS work because of the fires. It's unfortunate that this is the cause of my first visit ever to Cali, but I am looking forward to the trip. I guess I'll see for myself soon. 8O
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

dango

Post by dango » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:56 pm

whats the difference, trailer park, southern cal. both instances are people losing their homes. is it really a surprise, every year same shit in cali , fires fires fires. not much can be done about it, either on the web or on the ground. but getting hurt over some johnny cash is just lame.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 pm

getting hurt? I hope you mean the Johnny Cash cover.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz