O/T No Longer Buying Toblerone or Other Swiss Goods...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon May 12, 2008 5:53 pm

rikhyray wrote:
Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:And Ritter Sport is my chocolaty snack of choice.
I didn't really read this thread, I just wanted to chime in on the excellent quality of Ritter Sport chocolate! The dark with hazelnut is my staple, the dark with mint is nice, and the one with the little cookie in it is a good one too.
They have limited series every now and then, Truffle, Scotch,Cognac, Champagne etc. Probably these are too expensive to make, since Ritter is know for their high quality ingredients,they use those to catch, hook new consumers, and it works, even though I switched to 70% type, I always look for those Ritter`s special editions.
Ritter is my all time fav hazelnut chocolate, they got it perfect.
This weekend I completely sold myself out for a 1" x 1" square of chocolate. Walking down the street I encountered two people who obviously worked for some sort of Ritter marketing campaign. Within seconds I was posing with their product. You can't hear my dialog because it's a still picture, but I am ad libbing something like "Ritter Sport, the chocolate of champions."

http://rittersportfriends.com/view-even ... =292931727

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon May 12, 2008 5:58 pm

hehe, nice mugshot, mcBoob!

Really big on the Ritter here, too. Something about that 4x4 geometric grid that's just soo yummy, lol.

Chocolate Mousse is my fave :-)

As an international recommendation ( don't even know if they have these abroad):
Anthon Berg Lifli chocolates. Plum/Madeira and strawberry/champagne. Good stuff.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 pm

more proof that sex sells.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon May 12, 2008 6:03 pm

What's even funnier is that my girl and I bumped into a different group of them the next day and we pretended that we'd never experienced it before:

http://rittersportfriends.com/view-even ... =293485441

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Tone Deft wrote:more proof that sex sells.
:lol:

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon May 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:What's even funnier is that my girl and I bumped into a different group of them the next day and we pretended that we'd never experienced it before:

http://rittersportfriends.com/view-even ... =293485441
lol!

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Mon May 12, 2008 7:15 pm

funny to ear it from the inside (: but you know what, the guy didnt made it to the governement after that. Pointing at one minority to boycot a wholl country ? We're all in the same boat, no country can pretend to be shameless.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Tue May 13, 2008 1:18 am

M. Bréqs wrote:
So for me, the SVP is an unfortunate by-product of Islamic radicalism.
Of Course! there were never racists or fascists in Europe before Sep 11.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue May 13, 2008 3:52 am

M. Bréqs wrote:So who's to blame? The Swiss who vote for the SVP? Not at all. It's the religious nuts, the criminals, who have changed Swiss society. I've read that a certain demographic of Swiss immigrants have QUADRUPLE the crime rate of the rest of the country.

So for me, the SVP is an unfortunate by-product of Islamic radicalism.
Congratulations there. This just happens to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum, if not on the web in general.
"Criminal muslims" could be considered a demographic, so yes, they would be very likely to actually be criminals, ffs!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ... now that's quadruple the amount of eyerolls represented here:
:roll:

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue May 13, 2008 4:08 am

hehe...

quadruple the crime rate? or quadruple the rate of arrest....

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 am

yeah, and saying that a certain demographic - demographics can be set up arbitrarily - is more or less anything doesn't mean ANYTHING, much less the fall of western civilization due to radical islamic forces...

davec1

Post by davec1 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:08 pm

just to clear some things up:

The SVP currently is the largest party in switzerland. It has not always been. And even now, they got around 33% of votes; that sheep thing was concocted by the radical part of that party. Do the math and see how accurately this actually represents "Switzerland".

The SVP itself likes to stress how they're the largest party, and benefit from the confusion, cause for some reason people are too stupid to realise that doesn't mean they have the majority (far from it).

That sheep thing wasn't an act of the government, rather it was an act of the people (a party, in this case), so whether a government represents the population or not has nothing to do with this.

Most importantly, though: Gruyere is swiss, as well, what you guys know as "swiss cheese", the one with holes in it, is "Emmentaler", one of hundreds of swiss cheese types.

edit: not sure who it was exactly who once said: "Only he who has no achievement of his own to be proud of derives pride from his nationality." (or something on those lines)

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Please people stay on the serious topic- chocolate and not some infantile subjects like nationalism.
"Neapolitaner" is the newest Ritter release, very good combination with Italian espresso. Nice Flash job too (only the German site)
Very interesting observation from Machinate- Ritters popularity with musicians due to 4x4 grid association, could be interesting idea for ad climaxing with DJ feeding groupies with his MPC.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Tue May 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Multi-culturalism doesn't work. It is a failed experiment. Deep down we all know it's true.
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

glu

Post by glu » Tue May 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Multi-culturalism doesn't work. It is a failed experiment. Deep down we all know it's true.
in a galaxy far far away
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu