Who felt that?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

Post by glu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:42 am

Tone Deft wrote:I think they're pretty random, who knows. really, if you know LET ME KNOW!!!

on really nice days when the temp is room temp, no breeze, just perfect days I tell people "wow, this is total earthquake weather, it's too perfect out" most of the time they get a blank stare, "really?!?!?!"

I was a few miles from a 3.5 quake once, shook the fuck out of the house, I ran out into the lawn. that was a '89 Loma Prieta aftershock, that was a freaky shaker.
what kind of precautions can you take to prevent gear damage (your musical gear, not mojo stuff) from earthquakes?
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:29 am

Very mild here in San Francisco. I'm on a hill above Glen Park area and almost did not notice it. The clock was 8:05pm. Earthquakes are fun...unless your on a bridge.

lis102trants

Post by lis102trants » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:04 am

I felt it at work. I was kinda hoping the building would collapse so I wouldn't have to finish my closing shift :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:28 am

I think they have proven there is no such thing as earthquake weather even though everybody that lives near a fault line does it. I think that says something about human nature. "Nice day out. We're all going to die."

Similarly there is no such thing as the Bermuda Triangle. You could draw a triangle of the same size anywhere in the ocean with a similar amount of traffic and you will find just as many mysteriously missing ships and planes.

Rogue waves. Now that is some scary shit. This is why I never built my evil fortress in the middle of the ocean. All evil fortresses are now being built in Dubai.

Sorry, when you live in the Bay Area the guys from Myth Busters are constantly dropping by for dinner.