MY ULTRALITE JUST WENT NUCKING FUTS!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: MY ULTRALITE JUST WENT NUCKING FUTS!

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes Windows versus Mac.

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Tarekith wrote:Yes Windows versus Mac.
not anymore. ;)
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 am

aqua_tek wrote:All of a sudden the output of my Ultralite sounds like one big digital distorted mess, and the meters in its display are jumping all over the place. And now it's happening even while no music at all is playing. A whole bunch of crackles and pops.

what the fucking fuck?!

Any ultralite users here had that problem? HALP! :cry:

Well, I had that same problem today. I am using Vista sp1 32 bit, intel duo core T7200 2GB RAM.

First I though it was my midi controller. Then I thought it might be the buffer settings, or the cable. I have two 'old model' ultralites, i switched to the other slightly newer one. Didn't help. I tried to play an arranged track, sounded like the thing was shorting out.

I set it to be my default audio device, to see if another app that uses audio would run ok. Listened to an mp3 file in Windows media player, it worked ok.

I tried running another simpler set, opened an empty set, dropped in operator to a track, hadn't even started playing anything, still had the problem. T

Then, I noticed that everytime I opened a track to view or otherwise used a UI element in Live, it would start the popping.

I started the set, and minimized Live's window. It all cleared up.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

sans soleil

Post by sans soleil » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:34 pm

had the same problem (freezing with meters going nuts and a high-pitched egg-frying sound) on a macbook. also had knobs not working, the display getting so dim that i had to build an enclosure for it in order to see what was going on , 'CPU not found' and other garbled messages on startup...this was on the mk 1, which i'm convinced had some parts/manufacturing issues.

the unit had to be sent back to MOTU 5 times. i was taking it back to the place i bought it so often that i could have rigged a line with a little trolley-basket on it between my studio and the shop (which, incidentally, was moog audio here in toronto - amazingly helpful throughout the whole annoying process).

the thing was so unreliable that a recent tour of japan had to be changed to a hardware-based show in order to avoid any possible disasters. no fun carrying an mpc + analog synths on the train/subway/bus etc.

anyway...this last time i went a bit ballistic on the customer support people @ MOTU and they sent back a refurbished mk3. their tech-support were actually fairly helpful - i even had them calling me at home to see if everything was ok.
right now everything seems stable, but i still have a kind of latent uncertainty about the thing.
i know quite a few people who swear by the ultralite, but...i'd be hard-pressed to recommend it to anyone.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 pm

It is really odd... it works fine with Live's window minimized. With the Live window open, no dice. (fwiw, Aero windows have been turned off).
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm

NUCKINGFUTS!NUCKINGFUTS!NUCKINGFUTS!NUCKINGFUTS!

lol.

Hey, where's alextronica when we need him?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 pm

I once had the same problem once when my fireface 800 went wild. It was terrible. I was so shocked that I wasn't able to think of turning the ff800 off, but jumped to the subwoofer first to turn it off. After that I was really afraid that this could happen again, but it never did. Must have been a couple of years ago.
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Frack!

I have a Motu Ultralite MKIII Hybrid witch I bought 2 months ago and now I'm starting to have the same problems. Total digital noise / buzzing mayhem!
Tried everything with no result. Damned, I have a live performance in 2 weeks! :cry:

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Frack!

I have a Motu Ultralite MKIII Hybrid witch I bought 2 months ago and now I'm starting to have the same problems. Total digital noise / buzzing mayhem!
Tried everything with no result. Damned, I have a live performance in 2 weeks! :cry:
get the latest drivers. then, you'll have to look in control panel, device manager, system devices, motu, preferences, update driver and you have to choose the "legacy" one. i think it was something like that. you can search for more details HERE. this pretty much saved my ass. i'm on windows 7 / 64 bit.
cheers.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey thanks but the problem is I'm on a mac !

I'm afraid that the Hybrid version has a new type of drivers (the newest is v1.02) and that this new Firmware has a lot of bugs, also on mac.

Thanks for that link, I didn't know that forum :oops:

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Going to my local shop tomorrow.
Would a Fireface 400 be a good solution?
Is it stable atm, cause I read about driver problems here (crashing after your mac went to sleep mode):
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7060&p=8

I'm hoping those are just rare cases - it seems most people are happy with it no?

Damn I just need a reliable and good sounding soundcard with minimum 3 inputs and 4 outs, price range 400 - 850 euro ...
Needs to work with this:
Apple Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 GHz
4 GB RAM geheugen
Mac OSX 10.6.3 Snow Leopard
(and Live 8 suite ofcourse)

Anybody ? :?

edit: bought me a RME Fireface 400 - no problems and crystal clear sound, I'm happy :)

polsab

Post by polsab » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm

my ultralite suddenly had crackling and popping noises a couple of days ago. the weird thing is, it only happens when the master volume of the ultralite is muted. but that's not all. even when I completely turned of the volume knob of my monitors sound still comes out it 8O. fortunately the problem disappeared when I restarted both my mac and the ultralite. weird.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:23 pm

I had the same issue and it was because I was using the fw800 port for my backup hard drive while powering the ultralite with firewire. It was a firewire bandwidth issue. Using the usb port on my drive instead fixed the problem.

funk313

Post by funk313 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm

frakin shiskebab!

I just got a new Ultralite mk3 hybrid today and first thing it does is start making these clicking sounds from the unit!! tchiktchickklicketklick.
Not surprisingly after reading this thresd it does this when i connect it with firewire. As soon as I connect with firewire and the powersupply simultaneously it stops behaving bad. Im on a macbookpro 15" ver. 3.1.. 2.2ghz dual core. *uckin hell i Just got i today for christ sake!! Im just gonna return this fuxxa. Strait up.. shit doesnt work according to description... end of motherfukinstory.

funk313

Post by funk313 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:45 am

So i got a new one.. Ultralite MK3 hybrid but wtf its limited the audiobuffer to 1152? Before I had an TC Konnekt, that went dead on me, and that piece of shit had 2048 something..is 1152 the audiobuffer limit u guys are experiencing? DaMN i cant run some of my livesets properly .. :cry: im on a macbook pro 2.2 15#