Echo Layla 24 : still up to it ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Mbazzy

Echo Layla 24 : still up to it ?

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:38 pm

Have been doing A LOT of researching on the Echo Layla laptop interface. The reviews already date from almost 2 years back and were very positive , but you hardly see the Layla 24 mentionned on boards as a laptop solution .

Also here on the forum not much constructive feedback can be found ...

Nevertheless I think it should be up there with the RME Multiface and MOTU 282 .

Is the Layla still marketed - but very silently I should say ... the fact you see no complaints nowhere, does this mean it just plainly works as it should ... or did it sell so bad ...

Pricewise I see it as an ideal alternative between the Motu 282mk2 and RME Multiface above it , and the several outcoming Firewire interfaces [ Egosys Quatafire, FW410, Edirol Fa101 ] below it ... and - hopefully- an already more proven stability than the latter ...

Hopefully some people can shed somemore light here
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

solovox

Post by solovox » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:27 am

I highly, highly reccomend the Layla!

Color me stunned that more people do not use this audio interface. People! Pay attention. It's a PCMIA-card...it's BETTER than Firewire...and it FREES up your firewire port (or ports) for an external drive. No sharing of firewire bandwidth necessary.

Frankly, I'm shocked that the Layla is not the Number One interface out there. It makes one think that marketing and ad money is the bottom line with everything in the marketplace. I doubt that Echo can keep up with MOTU's wallets...

The Layla 24 rocks!

Solovox
www.solovox.com

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun May 02, 2004 12:49 pm

I have a Layla and an MBOX and I love em both, Layla works really awesome with ableton and if you can get an adat capable mixer, you can have 16 independent channels running out of the layla... :twisted:

i also have it running via pcmcia and it works without a hitch on either my powerbook or my vaio (i switch it between the two sometimes)