Vsnares Beats

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
panners

Vsnares Beats

Post by panners » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 pm

was wondering how vsnares is triggering those loop in that tune in his player pressure torture. I like that. do you program it like that in a sequencer or playin it in like that live with the loops loaded in a sampler. like the way it jumps from one loop to an other and back again. can anyone shed some light on this

Ta

http://www.myspace.com/venetiansnares

mr-e

Post by mr-e » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:36 pm

prolly different loops mapped to a keyboard , with some loops mapped a couple of times with different start/end points

it's like slicing a loop in recycle but instead of cutting the samples you just define different startpoints for the loop

if you are not such a strong keyboardplayer , just trigger all the loops in different abletontracks and start playing with the solo button --> this way all loops stay in sync and 1 loop gets cut as soon as you solo the next

if you're really into that kind of beats , you should check reactor , once you get the hang of it you can easily create a generic loopmangler customed to your liveperformance needs

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:48 pm

in L7 the new Sample Selector feature can do similar stuff..

just throw in a couple of loops and set one LFO to modulate the Sample Selector, another to modulate Sample Offset..
great!

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:54 pm

dont know about the vsnares, but if u did it outside of Sampler and used LEGATO mode, it will go to the point in the loop where the last one left off, so you dont trigger every loop from the beginning.

use LEGATO mode in conjunction with Follow actions.. insta dubby jungle editing mess heaven

Spackled Bat

Post by Spackled Bat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:03 pm

You first have to learn how to dance like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37D0KrbGtaY

But seriously, I know that he uses/has used trackers such as Renoise to make some of his songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGK-EzEa45U

I tried to learn how to use Renoise but i was too stupid to figure it out. I can mangle beats in Live just fine.

aallvor

Post by aallvor » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:33 pm

There was an interview with VSnares in CM some months ago. He uses Renoise for all his tunes, and adds the final gloss in Pro Tools and/or Cubase.

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:56 pm

Plus one on using trackers from what I've heard.
BTW my buddy here in Maryland made that
"dance like you're selling nails video", he sent it to Aaron Funk and apparently he liked it.