padkontrol install problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chaibuka

padkontrol install problem

Post by chaibuka » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:52 am

I installed pk with the latest drivers but in live midi preferences it not listed as pad kontrol but rather just a usb audio device and device manager it's listed as a generic usb audio device. I think it should actually be shown as padkontrol but I've tried to update drivers and it's still generic audio device. Any suggestions.

Taiis

Post by Taiis » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 am

Got the same problem, it's not a problem with live though I think, it's the drivers. If you plug it in, install and then when it loads the drivers second time around or you unplug and replug it it names oddly.

I think it's the drivers

/T
+++ ---- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++
33 Koncerts, no demo, no album
http://www.thespoofkats.com

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:32 am

Thats the way XP handles Midi Devices. Gets really fun when you have 5 or so MIDI devices hooked up via USB on an XP machine. Basically, thats the reason i switched over to OS X for Audio + MIDI.

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:44 am

well I checked the book and first you load the standard driver and then from programs install Korg usb -midi utility which I now have done. At this point padkontrol shows up in device manager but not in live or the pad kontrol midi preferences. So now I'm lost for ideas?