Plastikman specially customised Live version

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
claudek

Post by claudek » Wed May 19, 2004 11:58 am

Who does he think he is Aphex Twin? customized software? This is rediculous..Give this too some real musicians..like Aphex Twin..

Re: Plastikman specially customised Live version

Post by Guest » Wed May 19, 2004 2:59 pm

JESUS FUCKING HELLL ON TOAST!!!

DAMN!

And of course, I can't go because I have no god damn extra cash.

Have fun, Rich! I look forward to video. Or not.

- CRT

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed May 19, 2004 4:01 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:who is this guy anyways?

-Paws
You mean the one who kissed Hendrix? :?:
No, this plastik person?

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

dCross

Post by dCross » Wed May 19, 2004 4:19 pm

noisetonepause wrote:
Pitch Black wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:who is this guy anyways?

-Paws
You mean the one who kissed Hendrix? :?:
No, this plastik person?

-Paws
Plastikman, ie: Richie Hawtin. Very famous Techno producer, DJ, Live act.

claudek

Post by claudek » Wed May 19, 2004 4:21 pm

:)
Last edited by claudek on Wed May 19, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drush

Post by drush » Wed May 19, 2004 4:40 pm

claudek wrote:but what did Ritchie do besides Circuit breaker?
you're kidding.. right?

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed May 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Techno?

People are still making techno?

;)

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Rx

Post by Rx » Thu May 20, 2004 12:14 am

techno? i thought it was all acid house.

aciiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

ms

Re: Plastikman specially customised Live version

Post by ms » Thu May 20, 2004 10:17 am

[quote="mag"]seen this on another forum:

PLASTIKMAN LIVE SHOW TO UNVEIL UNPRECEDENTED TECHNOLOGIES AT MUTEK

The Gear
Hawtin has designed and built an entirely custom MIDI controller incorporating the features and power of 5 MIDI devices into one. This unit, the CTRL LIVE, will give Hawtin full real-time control over 128 parameters of audio, video, lighting, and effects simultaneously.

HEY - I WISH I HAD A 128 HANDS FOR MIDI CONTROL.

For additional MIDI control, Hawtin will use an unreleased surface controller developed by Tactex. The units use the same technology the company developed for the Canadian Space Arm.

THIS UNIT WAS ANNOUNCED AS SURFACE ONE BY M-AUDIO AND DROPPED, WHEN EVEN THE 2ND DEVELOPER TEAM WAS UNABLE TO MAKE IT WORK THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED. TOO SAD.

The MIDI system will work with one Apple G5 audio computer, as well as two massive, industrial custom-built 3D graphics and video PCs, multiple drum machines, analog and digital synthesizers and a host of analog and digital effects units. Hawtin will mix all audio using two Allen & Heath 14x4x2 Mix Wizards on stage.

The Software
Several of the most advanced performance-software developers have created breakthrough features in their software for the Plastikman show.

LOOK HERE
http://www.derivativeinc.com/Tools/SoftwareReleases.asp

Ableton has created a special MIDI output feature in their nearly ubiquitous Live program that allows Hawtin to send detailed data to every connected instrument, locking every element together to a degree that had previously been unavailable. New features in Ableton Live also allow Hawtin to navigate his compositions through the CTRL LIVE device with amazing speed and dexterity.

WAIT A BIT AND YOU'LL SEE MIDI AS A SPECIAL CUSTOMIZED FEATURE FOR ALL OF US.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST? THINK THE CTRL LIVE IS A SOMEHOW CUSTOMIZED MOTOR MIX DERIVATE.

Toronto-based Derivative has developed a custom-designed real-time animation and video sequencing environment for the Plastikman performance. Using their Touch software, Derivative has also programmed MIDI sync modules to lock the visual effects to Ableton Live, as well as custom software interface for the CTRL LIVE control surface.

WELL, WELL - GIMME SOME CUSTOMIZED MUSIC MR.HAWTON.
WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO HAVE A STREAM OF THAT PERFORMANCE - I MEAN BESIDES THE CUSTOMIZED AREA I MIGHT HAVE A LOOK ON THE SHOW ASWELL.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu May 20, 2004 11:23 am

OK, which bold LIVE Forum user is going to step up and trainspot at the gig for all of us??

I'm askin' for voulenteers!
(toes on line, slimey worms, etc)

I'd do it, but I'm down in the South Pacific...
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

Rx

Post by Rx » Thu May 20, 2004 11:45 am

i'd do it, but i'd rather be in the South Pacific.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu May 20, 2004 1:14 pm

its HELL down here, I tell you! what with all those horrible Orcs and winged beasts an' shit...

Rx

Post by Rx » Thu May 20, 2004 2:09 pm

i got some phat beats that'll knock 'em dead.

in all seriousness, me & the wifee have pondered relocting down under...
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

ryansupak

Post by ryansupak » Thu May 20, 2004 2:21 pm

my customized midiox interface to ableton gives me, via 2 oxy8s, simultaneous control over 80 knob parameters and 48 triggers. i actively use 95% of them.

anybody is welcome to fiddle with it and make it better, it's just what i use for gigging -- rather reminiscent of ControlAid though not as pretty:

www.vato9.org/midiox.zip

come to think of it, that equals 128 just like Hawtin's, without even considering the computer key triggers -- that's like 20 more...

rs

Post by Guest » Sat May 22, 2004 9:08 am

as a friend of rich's, it's disturbing to see people bash him for his work. he's one of the hardest working in the industry. Always pushing the boundaries of technology and music. If you don't like his work, that's fine but there is no need to talk down on him and his music. Too each there own. and if you think the "customized" software isn't going to be used to it's fullest extent, just go to the show and see for yourself.