SORT YOUR FORUM OUT!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
freqn
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Post by freqn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:06 am

Filter the forum please!

longjohns
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: seattle

Post by longjohns » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:17 am

honestly these kinds of offending threads tend to blend in with the other 98% of the general forum which i could give a shit about

emptypond
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:52 pm

Post by emptypond » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:04 am

headquest wrote:I'm with forge on this.

I teach music full time (mostly school age kids), and I have recommended Ableton to pupils. I cannot easily accept a situation where those pupils - or their parents trying to help them - might come to the official company forum and find it has links to illegal filth and pornography.

I think that if Ableton don't act on this sharp, it will actually become difficult for me to continue using Live with school age pupils. I have my own reputation to think about here too...
why wouldnt u want your kids to see porn? repression breeds pedophiles and rapists! so please, encourage porn to your children, and make the world a safer place, thank you 8)

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Post by gjm » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:08 am

emptyhead wrote:
why wouldnt u want your kids to see porn? repression breeds pedophiles and rapists! so please, encourage porn to your children, and make the world a safer place, thank you
Twat!

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:20 am

smutek wrote:All they need is one of those scripts where it say's "type these letters" or whatever into a box when you register, along with email authentication. That would eliminate most of it. They don't seem to care too much about this because this isn't the first thread like this. I started one myself some time ago. It was clearly labeled, like this one and sat at the top of the forum for a bit.
yeah I actually looked for that one - I thought it even had the exact same title but I couldnt find it because the search is so crap!! :lol:

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Homebelly » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:32 am

forge wrote:
smutek wrote: yeah I actually looked for that one - I thought it even had the exact same title but I couldnt find it because the search is so crap!! :lol:
right on,,
fix the search engine,, it is absolutely useless for finding the old porn threads.

Also, the fact that so many people had looked at the recent posts hadn't passed me by either,, "May be it's 70 kids looking",,, yeah,, right. :?
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

smutek
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:51 am

forge wrote:
smutek wrote:All they need is one of those scripts where it say's "type these letters" or whatever into a box when you register, along with email authentication. That would eliminate most of it. They don't seem to care too much about this because this isn't the first thread like this. I started one myself some time ago. It was clearly labeled, like this one and sat at the top of the forum for a bit.
yeah I actually looked for that one - I thought it even had the exact same title but I couldnt find it because the search is so crap!! :lol:
I feel ya man. Here's mine, it actually went pretty OT, we ended up arguing about gaping vaginas and Iron Maiden, then I accused Sven Vath of being responsible for all the spam and told you guys the story of William Wallace McNiel, my neighborhood bully.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... rists+sake

No wonder the Ableton peeps didn't take it seriously.

:oops:

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by friend_kami » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:00 am

Noel wrote:One forum I use has quite a simple solution to this, you need at least 10 posts before you can post any links or images

It doesn't stop the thread title from appearing in the forum but at least it can't link to dubious websites.

Ableton used to be really quick at squashing these threads, but seem to be a bit too busy lately.

Doesn't stop certain regular users posting dodgy images and links though.
word.

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Post by headquest » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:06 am

emptypond wrote:
headquest wrote:I'm with forge on this.

I teach music full time (mostly school age kids), and I have recommended Ableton to pupils. I cannot easily accept a situation where those pupils - or their parents trying to help them - might come to the official company forum and find it has links to illegal filth and pornography.

I think that if Ableton don't act on this sharp, it will actually become difficult for me to continue using Live with school age pupils. I have my own reputation to think about here too...
why wouldnt u want your kids to see porn? repression breeds pedophiles and rapists! so please, encourage porn to your children, and make the world a safer place, thank you 8)
For one thing, filtering can also happen at the USER end. If I understand correctly, websites go through quite a bit of filtering in order to be allowed on school systems, for example.

So if Ableton don't sort this at their end, it means their company website won't be available to schools.

An official business website that has links to illegal porn is just bad business. Freedom of speech is great, and as a result the internet will never be *safe* in a *sanitised* way. But letting things deteriorate to this extent is just unacceptable.

I'm sure that the top people at Ableton don't actually want their website to be full of porn anyway - - it's time for them to act.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

headquest
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am
Location: UK

Post by headquest » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:07 am

By the way, the preteen incest thread is not the first one even in the last week. There is now pretty much ALWAYS at least one porn thread listed on the first page of the forum. Not good.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:58 am

headquest wrote:By the way, the preteen incest thread is not the first one even in the last week. There is now pretty much ALWAYS at least one porn thread listed on the first page of the forum. Not good.
yeah that's right - it was really just the straw that broke the camels back for me and I decided it's getting a bit ridiculous

almost makes you wonder if it's a competitor spy trying to further tarnish the image of the forum :lol:

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:04 am

incest to the left of me
gaping vaginas to the right
here I am stuck in the middle with you.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

Noel
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Noel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 am

There are 3 porn posts and 2 beastiality posts (something about leopards) on the first page as I write.
Noel has left the building!

chrysalis33rpm
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:56 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:31 am

Tone Deft wrote:incest to the left of me
gaping vaginas to the right
here I am stuck in the middle with you.

OMG :lol:

Bring the sword of moderation to the sinners, angel Gabriel.

No, but seriously, yes to the anti-bot net tactics.

@Chi DJ: Yeah, 'free' is good and all...for humans. I think I could live with restricting the speech of 'flesh chicken*' spambots.

*literal translation of 'spambot' from mandarin.

Oliver Chesler
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:52 am
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Post by Oliver Chesler » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:37 am

Hi Everyone,

This forum runs on PHPBB. They need to install something like this:
http://bbantispam.com/tc/

It works for several of the forums I created on various sites.

The best part is once it's installed you don't have to do anything.
Oliver Chesler: www.oliverchesler.com

Image

Post Reply