fuck leopard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Pasha wrote:Can you explain please? I'm still on Tiger 10.4.11 and I didn't rush into Leopard because it was release 1. What gives you problems?

- Best
- Pasha
sorry so long to respond...i typed up a really long answer and forgot to hit submit. anyways, it's mainly just little quirky stuff that will probably be sorted out in the next few months. like i was transferting all my stuff from my ibook to my new mbp manually and and had three finder windows open and it's was doing some really quirky shit with the spring loaded windows. they didn't always do what they were supposed to do and i kept dropping shit in the wrong places. and i think leaopard is fucking with my mouse (im using a logitech vx nano) and in the finder it scrolls at lightspeed so as to be uncontrollable while in firefox its sllloooooooow. it's not that bad now though, it just takes some gettting used to. quick look definetly makes up for it...using that to transfer files was HEAVEN cause you don't have to open everything to see it! :D
aburgener wrote:don't include me in your stupid fucking bitchfest because i made two posts about kebabs.
MBP-UB 17" 3.06 C2D, 4 gig RAM, Live 7.0.10, MOTU ultralite
guitarrig/ezdrummer/sd2.0/automat/battery/reaktor/massive/absynth

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:36 am

Ive found Leopard to be alot faster than tiger was.
But everyone I know who has done an upgrade has had problems with applications not working properly.
I did a fresh install on a new hard drive and copied all my apps from my old ones and everythign worked fine.

Even made the shitty problem with my 17" santa rosa macbook pro slightly less crackly.

Only slightly but any improvement is something!
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:45 am

faster but more fragile, thats the way it feels to me. but give it a couple months and it will be even faster and as stable as tiger. and in january we get 17 inch hi-res touch screen MBPs and 30 inch hi res touch screen iMacs with penyron quad core 3ghz chips. 8gigs of RAM! (who even needs 8 gigs of ram???) OR 16 GIGS??? 8O sorry i get carried away sometimes. :roll: i love apple. :)
aburgener wrote:don't include me in your stupid fucking bitchfest because i made two posts about kebabs.

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:38 am

Hi Thumperjack

"17 inch hi-res touch screen MBPs"

Sounds interesting!
Where did you get that info? I can't find anything about that on google...
And arriving in January? I can hardly believe that...

Important: There are problems with previous versions of the Logitech Control Center when installing Leopard. You might have installed LCC since you use the VX Nano mouse (I use the Nano too but found no need to install LCC). Make a search about it if it's relevant for you.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 am

thumperjack wrote:
Pasha wrote:Can you explain please? I'm still on Tiger 10.4.11 and I didn't rush into Leopard because it was release 1. What gives you problems?

- Best
- Pasha
sorry so long to respond...i typed up a really long answer and forgot to hit submit. anyways, it's mainly just little quirky stuff that will probably be sorted out in the next few months. like i was transferting all my stuff from my ibook to my new mbp manually and and had three finder windows open and it's was doing some really quirky shit with the spring loaded windows. they didn't always do what they were supposed to do and i kept dropping shit in the wrong places. and i think leaopard is fucking with my mouse (im using a logitech vx nano) and in the finder it scrolls at lightspeed so as to be uncontrollable while in firefox its sllloooooooow. it's not that bad now though, it just takes some gettting used to. quick look definetly makes up for it...using that to transfer files was HEAVEN cause you don't have to open everything to see it! :D
Thanks for reply. I have a Wireless Migthty Mouse for my MacBook Rev 2 C2D (Nov 2006) so I shouldn't have problems.

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 am

Soarer wrote:Hi Thumperjack

Sounds interesting!

Important: There are problems with previous versions of the Logitech Control Center when installing Leopard. You might have installed LCC since you use the VX Nano mouse (I use the Nano too but found no need to install LCC). Make a search about it if it's relevant for you.
hahaha im just making shit up. but that would be awesome, no?

membrain

clean install vs. upgrade

Post by membrain » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:52 am

Do a clean install, I had weird behavior after upgrade that stopped when I did a clean install.

Wierd = not live but iDVD showing a black screen, time machine hangs.
Live 7
15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.5 Leopard
Intel C2D,2.4 GHz,2 GB RAM
Novation X-Station, Korg T-2, BDJ-3000, Ms Pinky vinyl.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:53 am

thumperjack wrote:

Sounds interesting!

how irresponsible of you

you sent the poor man on a Google frenzy! :lol:

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:02 pm

forge wrote:
thumperjack wrote:

Sounds interesting!

how irresponsible of you

you sent the poor man on a Google frenzy! :lol:

lolololrz :lol:

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:11 pm

no dramas here with Leopard. I'd take it any day over tiger

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Stop your moaning :lol:

When the intel macs came out and i jumped from powerbook to mbp i had to wait months for my synths and efx to work properly.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:46 pm

Although not about OS, I think the most annoying thing Apple ever did was when I switched from a Mac (forget the model) to a G3 and they decided to get rid of SCSI and serial connections and instead use USB and firewire when nothing was really avaible in those formats. So I could no longer use my MIDI interface, printer, scanner, or digital camera. Months later I was able to shell out hundreds of more dollars to get some adaptor cards to use those things. That was some serious bullshit right there.

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 pm

thumperjack wrote: hahaha im just making shit up. but that would be awesome, no?
Yeah sure! I actually thought of this the other day:
Macbook Pro with no keyboard but Multi touch screen keyboard/iPhone/interface the other day and found this:

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/s ... interface/

Nothing real yet but Apple is probably already developing it!
Imagine if you could then switch to "Lemur mode"!!! Just sweet dreams...

Sorry for jacking your thread but you came up with it :lol:

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Soarer wrote:
thumperjack wrote: hahaha im just making shit up. but that would be awesome, no?
Yeah sure! I actually thought of this the other day:
Macbook Pro with no keyboard but Multi touch screen keyboard/iPhone/interface the other day and found this:

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/s ... interface/

Nothing real yet but Apple is probably already developing it!
Imagine if you could then switch to "Lemur mode"!!! Just sweet dreams...

Sorry for jacking your thread but you came up with it :lol:
what i feel like right now:

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Ha ha Real cute picture!