no midid output device

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Geraldo

no midid output device

Post by Geraldo » Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:24 am

It looks like LIVE cannot provide a master midi clock in OS9.2, is this right? It works in OSX but my system is unstable in OSX and works much better in OS9.2.
Also the reverb effect is gone in OS9.2, but is available in X. Is anyone out there slaving midi devices to Live? I was able to start and stop my drum machine in OSX but the output device window is gone under 9.2?????? :|

neepawa

Post by neepawa » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:25 pm

Unstable in OS X? Weird. I can't wait to never use OS 9 again. But alas, the Motu 828 and Reaktor are holding me hostage in OS 9-land. Anyway, I have no problem slaving external midi devices to Live in OS 9.2, and the reverb IS there for me. Sounds like you're using version 1.1 in OS 9 and version 1.5 in OS X. Reverb and midi sync master were only added in 1.5.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:58 pm

Hi Geraldo,

neepawa is right. If the reverb is not in the Live version you have then it's not the 1.5 version. The reverb is contained in the 1.5 version on all platforms.

For the midi output device issue, please read the posting from Yon (Forum Index -> Bugs & Problems -> OS9.2 and no MIDI output)

regards,
Alex

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:39 pm

Thanks, I already posted my apology on the other board. I forgot to update to 1.5 after the re-install and panicked. Everything works much better in OS9.2. I will wait for MOTU to post 828 drivers before I go back to seriously using OSX.
Thanks again for your prompt email replies.