Is There a Vst Wet Dry knob

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Is There a Vst Wet Dry knob

Post by Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 6:03 am

free some where

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Wed May 26, 2004 7:40 am

:?: :?:

Post by Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 8:43 am

like the one in fruityloops mixer

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Wed May 26, 2004 9:05 am

a wet/dry vst?

wet/dry usually implies that you are mixing the signal with another sound, that of a vst effect... so asking if there is a "wet/dry" vst...

not exactly sure what you are getting at.

btw... Most vst's have some form of onboard "mix" knob, or wet/dry function, and if they don't then, they are the type of plugin that doesn't really require one (ie: gate/compressor)

-am

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Wed May 26, 2004 10:01 am

yup its free , if you own Live already that is :wink:

its called a send

well thats all there is until Ableton come up with something better :)

regards

Porpy

Post by Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 11:54 am

to be specific I'd like something that can give me control over how much of the dry signal goes to the effect or how much the effect goes to the dry signal, in paticular supatrigga, and izotope vinyL, I have found supatrigga to be excellent at creating ghost hits on drum beats but only when a very small amount of the effect is applied, the way the 'amount' knob is implemented in fruity loops is perfect for what i'm talking about. this is the thing i'm trying to achieve in Live, is this what the send' will help me do?

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Wed May 26, 2004 12:03 pm

the way fruityloops does it, cant be replicated to the full extent by Live as it is in its current state

you could set up a chain of effects going through each send (you can have up to four), so that each send willl send some signal on to the next send (make sure the send outputs are set to Sends Only except the last one in your chain)
and then merge the effected signal with the dry signal at the master output

but you would only be able to really set up one chain before you run out of options

the fact that you can have unlimited effects on one send track does make things more interesting, AND the fact that you can feed sends back into themselves as well :D

hope that helps answer your question

regards

porpy

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:08 am

:)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:18 am

great response porpy, I never said thank you.

thank you.