Problems syncing Trigger Finger in Live 6

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
espytwelve

Problems syncing Trigger Finger in Live 6

Post by espytwelve » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:12 pm

I'm having trouble assigning knobs/sliders on the Trigger Finger to anything in Live. When in Map Mode, nothing is happening when I try to change the Midi Mappings. I never had any problems using it before on my old Powerbook. But I can't get it to work on a Macbook and also couldn't get it linked to another iMac. I've gone over the Live Manual and still can't seem to figure it out?

cavern

Post by cavern » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:28 pm

On the track youre using...make sure "Midi From" is set to your Trigger Finger or the interface you're running the Trigger Finger through.

Open Impulse as a template to calibrate the Trigger Finger. Press "Memory Recall" and "Prog / Bank Change" at the same time on the Trigger Finger. The Led lights above both should flash. Now press pad p13(Top Left). Turn knob c1(far left) until it reads "c3". Press the next pad to the right and turn the same knob to "d3". Repeat with each pad ( e3, f3, g3, etc.). You know the pad is working if midi is being sent to impulse and you hear sound. When youre done setting up all the pads press "Save & Exit". Try loading other plugins into the same channel.

I didn't know how to manually set up the trigger finger but the above concept makes everything clearer for me. hope i've helped.