"Automap is offline"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Grappadura

"Automap is offline"

Post by Grappadura » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:45 pm

I use the remote sl 25 Compact. When loading Live, the "A" icon appears on the taskbar. The Live template is then active. When I switch to template 38, on the remote sl screen appears the message: "Automap is offline". Shouldnt it be online with the "A" icon in the taskbar? Speed dial, f. i., doesnt work. The novation support is on holidays so I thought I´d ask here. I the current driver version installed.

Basf

Post by Basf » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Check your live-preferences, audio/midi configuration. Probably you'll have to select the SL again as your device.

But, I've a question. Do you use your automap template also for Live. I use template 40 for live, and template 38 for eg plug-ins...

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:47 pm

I think live doesnt even have to be running for the automap mode, only the novation software has to be, but I´m not sure. In one of the videos that come with the sl compact you can use speed dial even outside your daw.

I got the sl compact just yesterday, so I don´t know yet about how my final setup is going to look like. But according to one of the instruction videos the speed dial only works in template 38.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:21 am

I might have a clue now why this is happening. When I go to the preferences settings in live, the remote sl appears with the name "2-Remote SL Compact". Maybe it is because I installed it twice? Normally the name should be only "Remote SL Compact". Maybe the Automap server software is searching for "Remote SL Compact" but is not finding it, because its got another name?? When I click on "about" on the Automap icon on the taskbar then it states: "No hardware found".

Does anybody know where I can change the name of the virtual usb midi ports? You would make my day (if it works ;) )

BBScience

Post by BBScience » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Wondering if you had any luck fixing this?

My zero sl also works perfectly in live under template 40, but template 38 displays nothing but "Automap is Offline" and automap server constantly says no hardware found.

I've tried the reinstalling the newest SL OS version and automap server and nothing seems to fix the problem. Novation's support also does not return emails.

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm

I get the opposite. Template #38 works perfectly but template #40 gives me the 'Ableton is OFFLINE" message.

Remote SL 25 Compact
Windows XP SP2
Novation Automap 4.1
Live 7 demo

BBScience

Post by BBScience » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Have you selected port 2 for input and output within abletons midi setup?

I was actually able to fix my problem. I noticed that audiomidi setup only had one way communication on port 3 for the Remote SL, the one it uses to talk with automap server. I just removed the device and upon plugging it in again automap server recognized it just fine.

Now I have another problem though. Whenever I use template 38 for wrapped plugins, the top 8 encoders on the left only send minimum/maximum value messages. The values on the display jump from 0 to 127 immediately. This thing is frustarting the hell out of me. :(

glu

Post by glu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm

BBScience wrote:Have you selected port 2 for input and output within abletons midi setup?
:(
exactly

preferences>mini tab> bottom of the screen select port 2
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Timur

Post by Timur » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Hm, this offline issue seems to be happening with several people. Once I get back my unit I will try to dig into it. I had no troubles yet, but I did not used wrapped VSTs with the new version yet, only Live.

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 pm

i was getting this at first, but haven't seen it for a while since disabling any unnecessary inputs/output in live, and turning off all the usb>midi through in the hardware.

still having some issues with AU instruments, and automap-follows-focus doesn't work with VST's but I'm really hoping Automap 2.0 will sort out some of these problems.

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:49 am

Turning off Midi through fixes some performance issues with the combination of Live and Remote, maybe behaves it more like a Midi device then instead of a Midi interface.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

BBScience wrote:Wondering if you had any luck fixing this?
I just went back from Vista to XP and reinstalled everything. Also I turned off unnecessary midi in and outputs. I think it works correct now, but I cant tell you in detail about it since Im on vacation and dont have access to my equipment now.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:29 pm

I still get this all the time with Live and Logic, the SL just drops the connection randomly for no reason.

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:54 am

If you have a Midi port on your PC (like onboard MPU-401) then I suggest trying to use the Midi ports instead of the USB port or a mixure of both (Comn on Midi, Keyb on USB or vice versa).

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Just got an SL this week, it was working yesterday but today it's nothing but..

'Auomap is OFFLINE'

'Ableton is OFFLINE'