lets make some nonsense and post it here.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
Johnisfaster
Posts: 7251
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:34 am
Contact:

lets make some nonsense and post it here.

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:02 am

so I'm thinking I'm going to sit down every couple of days and make really basic really simple nonsense songs and post them here. the idea is to stop worrying if things sound "phat" and "warm" and just play a little. little if any emphasis on mix and what not. stupid quick songs that you make in an hour or two just for kicks.

whos with me?

lately I've found this to be a really pleasing experience if I just sit down and use basic squarewave sounds and make the most basic of basslines and 808 drum beats and turn it into a 3 minute track. I was thinking others might find it fun too. not necessarily stupid or silly sounding but just quick dirty and whatever you happen to make off the top of your head.

shall we?
Last edited by Johnisfaster on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Liam
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:18 pm
Location: Northern CA, USA

Post by Liam » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:49 am

This Forum is purely for verbal nonsense.

And porn links.

But I like the way you think.

Martyn
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:22 am
Location: UK

Re: lets make some nonsense and post it here.

Post by Martyn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:so I'm thinking I'm going to sit down every couple of days and make really basic really simple nonsense songs and post them here. the idea is to stop worrying if things sound "phat" and "warm" and just play a little. little if any emphasis on mix and what not. stupid quick songs that you make in an hour or two just for kicks.

whos with me?

lately I've found this to be a really pleasing experience if I just sit down and use basic squarewave sounds and make the most basic of basslines and 808 drum beats and turn it into a 3 minute track. I was thinking others might find it fun too. not necessarily stupid or silly sounding but just quick dirty and whatever you happen to make off the top of your head.

shall we?
Sounds like a good idea, surprising what comes out when you stop taking it all too seriously and just start fucking about.

It'd be nice to have a place to share bits and pieces, you know, just things like stray beats, basslines and silly vocals noises etc. Then anyone could just grab something and get inspired of somebody elses throwaway effor that never went anywhere. Sort of like an orphanage for unwanted Audio. I've got lots of things that never developed into anything I want to finish.

Michael Hatsis
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:27 pm
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Post by Michael Hatsis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:28 pm

heres some real crap...spent about a half hour on this one... its not not ridiculously overproduced and compressed....whos got the time these days??..i dig it though...

http://www.trackteamaudio.com/Music/demosong1.mp3

Idonotlikebroccoli
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: Norway

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Last edited by Idonotlikebroccoli on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please vote! Live 10's "multi" clip editing should allow selection+editing of multiple clips in one action:

(L10-SUG-0228) Multiple MIDI transpose

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=228094

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:30 pm


MrRivaz
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Location: Wales Uk
Contact:

Post by MrRivaz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm

is it wrong i like this hehe
The Mily Bars Are On Me
myspace.com/mrrivazmusic

Emissary
Posts: 2431
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:27 am

Post by Emissary » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:43 pm

I often do this with my friends (who have no musical talent, which they know) we eat pringles and dip and write silly songs. Just wrote a new one called TRON HANDBAGS, its shit and i'll post it later.

Idonotlikebroccoli
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: Norway

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Let me just add that I love this thread. This is how great ideas are born :)
Please vote! Live 10's "multi" clip editing should allow selection+editing of multiple clips in one action:

(L10-SUG-0228) Multiple MIDI transpose

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=228094

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:01 pm

It's true. Johns little thread is sort of like a sketch pad type of thing.

Lola_dublin
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Help......

Post by Lola_dublin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:02 pm

I'm new to Ableton and the music I've recorded won't play in anything?
Is there anything I can do to allow it be played in Windows Media Player and the likes?? :?: :?: :?: :?:

MrRivaz
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Location: Wales Uk
Contact:

Re: Help......

Post by MrRivaz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Lola_dublin wrote:I'm new to Ableton and the music I've recorded won't play in anything?
Is there anything I can do to allow it be played in Windows Media Player and the likes?? :?: :?: :?: :?:
im a beginner as well dood, and what i found was, when u render to disk, open the wav in cooledit, and then save in there as an mp3, more knowledgeable people will probably tell u a better way. but this is what i do, its easier to upload to your friends then
The Mily Bars Are On Me
myspace.com/mrrivazmusic

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Re: Help......

Post by smutek » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:16 pm

MrRivaz wrote:
Lola_dublin wrote:I'm new to Ableton and the music I've recorded won't play in anything?
Is there anything I can do to allow it be played in Windows Media Player and the likes?? :?: :?: :?: :?:
im a beginner as well dood, and what i found was, when u render to disk, open the wav in cooledit, and then save in there as an mp3, more knowledgeable people will probably tell u a better way. but this is what i do, its easier to upload to your friends then
Yep, they will. Maybe try starting a new thread, so as this one doesn't go too far off topic.

4ace
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:47 am
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Post by 4ace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Boom TAT boom BOOM TAT......


:P
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2Gb
OS X.5.7 | MOTU Ultralite | Live 8 | Ableton Drum Machine's | Addictive Drums | Conectiv+ Torq | Ms. Pinky | AudioDamage

stonee
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:01 am
Location: halifax, NS Canada
Contact:

Post by stonee » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:40 pm


this reminds me of a demo song for an old casio or somthing, haha

Post Reply