Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Will the USA wake up before it's too late?

Yes
13%
No
41%
There will be martial law and then a massive peacefull revolution
3%
There will be martial law and then a massive violent revolution
6%
it won't matter because of the financial crisis leading to economic collapse
27%
it won't matter because peak oil will turn the USA into a 3rd world country
10%

Total votes: 96

Moody

Post by Moody » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:36 am

I think it is more then the USA that needs to wake up.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 am

Wow. I think this forum was completely void of political topics for about 2 weeks. Nice to see we are wasting no time bringing them back in 2008.

America will bomb shit and spend and lose lots of money in 2008 regardless of who is president. Talk to you in a year when that all turns out to be true. You heard it from me first.

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 am

dcease - I'm with you man... Greed should be shunned just like we do to murderers and rapists. Profit is one thing, Greed is another.

djadonis206 - Obama supports S1959 aka the "thought crime bill" - are you at all concerned about that? The bill has vague language that would move the fight on terrorism to the united states and the internet. Activists could be accused of thinking about inciting a revolution of change and then they would be 'terrorists' and sent to secret prisons like guantanamo or the others that are made by haliburton all over our country where they could be tortured and executed without a fair trial / habeaus corpus.
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

zstowasser

money and obama

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 am

djadonis2006 - PS. Obama has no clue about the financial crisis we're in. We can't have guns AND butter. We're going bankrupt. Also the federal reserve has been allowing the printing of money out of thin air. This is debasing our currency and has caused massive inflation over the last century. A dollar today is worth 0.04 compared to 1913, when the federal reserve and the income tax was created. (The income tax was created to pay the interest on the money that is made for us by the private federal reserve banks )

more info:

History of Money "Money = Debt" 45min long, amazing: http://infopatriots.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... money.html

Death of the Dollar, International TV Show talking about how the world is abandoning the dollar and why: http://infopatriots.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... ollar.html

More information about S1959: http://infopatriots.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... n-and.html
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:16 am

it's a change of hands of more than the president and vice president. vote democratic, hope for better people to come in and look forward to a time where political leadership isn't in the gutter. vote republican and more of the same assholes will remain in office. a lot of the current administration dates back to Nixon.

some of you write more in a single post than I read all year.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 am

zstowasser - those are interesting things to bring up that warrant some research on my part

but I still like him...sorry
Ableton | Elektron

Music

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:01 am

cool adonis! check it out and lets discuss!!! :) I don't think obama is the worst choice, just not the best choice - compared to ron paul. Here's a 30sec tv ad that just came out about ron paul, its the best one yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8

condra

Re: 2008

Post by condra » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:17 am

zstowasser wrote: Spiritual Enlightenment
You mean everyone becomes atheist right?

Here's hoping.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 am

zstowasser wrote:cool adonis! check it out and lets discuss!!! :) I don't think obama is the worst choice, just not the best choice - compared to ron paul. Here's a 30sec tv ad that just came out about ron paul, its the best one yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8

You're into Dan and Donalds music?

we're already friends ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

zstowasser

Re: 2008

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:31 am

condra wrote:
You mean everyone becomes atheist right?
Kinda :)

my spiritual beliefs are a mix of a few different concepts. Eastern Spirituality / Buddhism (living in the moment, free of grasping) and realizing we are all one and we can create our own reality (the power of attraction [the secret / quantum physics]) and finally mixed with the mayan calendar that has been predicting the evolution of consciousness from 16.4 billion years ago (the big bang) to october 28th, 2011 (by 2011, the people who survive will be mixing east/west philosophy and living in the moment consciously co-creating the universe and using their intuition instead of their mind)!

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 am

djadonis206 wrote: You're into Dan and Donalds music?

we're already friends ;)
Ya! Those guys are awesome! Donald was actually here in the studio a few days ago!! We've got a funky techno loop going so far ;)

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:50 am

next time he rolls through tell him Adonis says "whut up!"

holla

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:05 am

zstowasser wrote:Here's a 30sec tv ad that just came out about ron paul, its the best one yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8
Not sure about Ron Paul yet (I'm w/Adonis, I like Obama), but that tv ad did nothing for me. The ad just rehashed some obvious problems and makes a blanket statement at the end "he's gonna fix it" without stating any real opinions or specifics about what he wants to do. It's a very safe and uninformative ad which attempts to give you a warm, fuzzy feeling and basically tells you nothing about Ron Paul. I know nothing more about Ron Paul after watching the clip than I knew about him before I watched it.

I think candidates are getting more and more cowardly about taking a clear stance on any isssues as time goes on. Everyone is less and less going out on a limb to state a clear stance on isssues out of fear of alienating potential voters. Because of this, the average voter has less and less idea what the person is all about. When election day comes around it ends up causing them to just pull a straight party vote instead of voting for the person (because it's too vague what the person really stands for anymore...)

And I think that's just one of the reasons poor candidates get elected office, and they end up acting different than people expected. People end up voting on superficial warm and fuzzy stuff they hear during the debates or being subliminally influenced by silly stuff like the person's looks, etc since they don't have much real information to go on. Then when things get bad after the person is in office, people are like "how the hell did that happen?"

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:54 am

icedsushi wrote: I think candidates are getting more and more cowardly about taking a clear stance on any isssues as time goes on. Everyone is less and less going out on a limb to state a clear stance on isssues out of fear of alienating potential voters.
I agree completely. Most candidates, just talk of general fuzzy words and dont' explain themselves. This is how I feel about Obama! I only hear that he will bring change. I have looked for this "change" and I can't find him talking about the real issues that matter: The devaluation of our money leading to its collapse and our American empire foreign policy of the past 50 years that breeds violence and is bankrupting our country. With Ron Paul, he is the only candidate who actually speaks the plain truth and explains how he will accomplish his goals.
icedsushi wrote:Because of this, the average voter has less and less idea what the person is all about.
Look at that ad as a general preview to introduce ron paul - most people haven't heard of him. If you like the issues that were brought up, then do some research on him. This is what I have done. I wasn't sold by watching a short clip of him. I had to spend months researching the economy, our foreign policy, the history of our country and why the founding fathers did what they did..

If you want to read up on ron paul and the issues, this wikipedia thread does a great job.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ ... f_Ron_Paul

Or you can watch the 1 hour google interview where he has more time to go into depth on the issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

how can you expect someone to go into depth in 30seconds?

short video of ron paul and monetary policy: http://infopatriots.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... olicy.html

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:00 pm

The good new begins already!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080102/ap_ ... videotapes

I really thought this videotape-business had disappeared from consciousness already.