Live 4 Question and Answer Thread---We ask...Ableton Answers

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

Live 4 Question and Answer Thread---We ask...Ableton Answers

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:59 am

hey lets keep this thread devoid of extraneous comments and such, this way ableton won't have to wade through alot of crap and we'll get our questions answered much more easily so please

1. only ask questions for ableton

2. let ableton answer, or if you know the answer fine please do so but just answer and don't go beyond that,

3. if someone ie: a live hater or whomever post to disrupt the thread in the interest of yourself and all Live users please disregard and ignore that person and their post.

thanks.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:00 am

1. will Live 4 Have Dual screen Capability?

LTJX

Post by LTJX » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:04 am

1. Will you be able to have more then one Live file open at a time in the background?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:17 am

1. What are the Midi Effects?

2. Is the midi editor like the Live Audio editor or is it like a regular midi sequencer? In the shots it looks like audio waves, not notes except the step sequencer.

eduardo especial

Post by eduardo especial » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:39 am

1. Will Live 4 support the Mackie Control like other DAWS such as Cubase, Logic, and Protools?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:53 am

1. What exactly is the Automatic Jamming?

2. Is there improvment in the time strectching?

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:14 am

Anonymous wrote:1. What are the Midi Effects?
if you look at the screenshot in the new features section you can see the midi fx names...i't not much, but it gives you a clue.

k

radder

Scene Tempo transition?

Post by radder » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:16 am

1. If I can now define a tempo for a scene, can I also define a transition length (be it in seconds, beats, measures etc) and "ramp shape" to get me there?

2. Did I read the features correctly? Does Live4 give us the new ability to "prelisten" via a second audio device/sound card?
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 am

Can Live 4 control the Midi parameters of hardware as well as note values? For instance, can I assign a clip envelope (or whatever it's midi counter part) to control the filter cuttof on my hardware synth or sampler, i.e. through cc values? If not...my new #1 request :D

...please don't hate me I HAD to :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:45 am

can i write clip automation with knob twiddles now?!

waves plug in support?

VSTi mulit-outputs like Battery, etc?

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:49 am

I only have one question - is the waves plug-ins bug fixed?

other than that I'm ecstatically happy with the announcement

Frank Hoffmann

Post by Frank Hoffmann » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 am

steve-o wrote:Can Live 4 control the Midi parameters of hardware as well as note values? For instance, can I assign a clip envelope (or whatever it's midi counter part) to control the filter cuttof on my hardware synth or sampler, i.e. through cc values? If not...my new #1 request :D

...please don't hate me I HAD to :lol:
Hallo steve-o,

Yes, Midi Controllers (CC), Pitch Bend and Channel Pressure are handled like Clip Envelopes in Live 4.

Frank
Frank Hoffmann
hoffmann@ableton.com

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:33 am

Are only Ableton 'Intsturments Supported' or can we use VSTi's internally?

Else I'm guessing with midi out now built in we can route to an external simple host.

Frank Hoffmann

Post by Frank Hoffmann » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:33 am

forge wrote:I only have one question - is the waves plug-ins bug fixed?

other than that I'm ecstatically happy with the announcement
Hallo forge,

If you use Mac OS X, you will be happy to hear that Audio Unit Waves plug-ins work much better. For the problems with VST plug-ins you should contact Waves for an Update.

Frank
Frank Hoffmann
hoffmann@ableton.com

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:36 am

Anonymous wrote:Are only Ableton 'Intsturments Supported' or can we use VSTi's internally?

Else I'm guessing with midi out now built in we can route to an external simple host.
Answering my own question in another thread... VSTi's are supported. :)