See I posted in five threads and no one listened.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
UknowWho

See I posted in five threads and no one listened.

Post by UknowWho » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:34 am

I just got out of hospital.
And all I can say is ha ha I told you so sorry to gloat.
Posted in verious threads to just hold out for 14 days for an official announcement on something but couldn't say what.
Did anybody pay attention ;)

PS:I knew my source was solid because it came directly from the Ableton crew but I couldn't state where or what I'd heard

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:41 am

Oh unpatient ones ... :D

Btw, don't want to start any speculations, but when you go to the Monolake site , in the studio section ... Robert Henke reports he's using Ableton Live . ("dot") .... :twisted:

You know more about that as well ... ??? Custom version ???
Anyone in for some speculation on the featurs of this next incarnation :twisted:

Btw, hop ethat everything is OK now you're out of hospital (remember your livestory you posted once on the forum ...)
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

UknowWho

Thanks Mbazzy

Post by UknowWho » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:00 am

My understanding is that Robert had some part in the development of Live.
So it's quite possible he uses a customised rig with tweeked performance optimisations but ..... (don't quote me on that) ;)

Thanks for the concern.
Been in hospital from between 2-7weeks at a time 9 times in the last 2.5 years (bit of a rough trot I guess but it's all good).

As I said too my parents when they visited me last week ,better to be living like this than not at all (you really learn to appreciate the simple things let me tell you).

All I can say is thank God for great family ,fantastic parents ,an amazing support network ,brilliant hospital staff ,music love ,life and the very air the we breathe.

The storm clouds looked so beautiful withe the sun breaking through on the way home and about 5 kilometers from home this massive rainbow broke out ... (it's all in the details mate that's all I'll say).

Gotta go in for surgery in two weeks time which should solve some of the current problems I'm having (touch wood).

PS:Thanks to the Ableton crew for letting me know to hold off certain purchases in advance (due to this release). You've made my day and saved me a sh!tload of software outlay. So a big thankyou for being generous for letting me know of an impending anouncement and waiting for a few weeks before I set up my new mobile DAW for use when I'm in hospital. Much appreciated beyond words. You guys truly rock.
THANKYOU and Kindest Regards
UknowWho

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:08 am

Great to hear you're doing fine ... can relate to what you mention ... haven't had the healthhazards (touch wood) , but we have had some veeeery deep and dark turbulences that chook and changed our look on live completely.

It's in the small things ... REAL quality of life lies within handreach, but you need to [learn to ] see it and grab it foremost ....

PS. to the unsuspecant forumee ... Just hope you all realize we are pulling a leg here regarding the Live Dot release ...
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:19 am

To end all speculations and discussions about customized versions:

I am using either the version everyone else is using, or i work with the latest internal version we work on. Most of the time these versions
do not behave as good as the final release version, because they are a bunch of unfished units waiting to put together again to something usefull.
If there would be a version which is _better_ then what you have in your hands we would release it, because we want you as a satisfied customer !!!

Cheers, monolake

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:23 am

Fair enough ... I was just making a joke though ... [ as if the "." meant a special version .. I know I have a quirky sense of humor ... ;-) ]

UknowWho

Post by UknowWho » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:26 am

:oops: Sorry Robert ,we where having a little joke after all the Hawtin speculation pre V4.0 's announcement.
Though as stated I did post a thanks for being warned by the Ableton team in advance of purchase due to certain budget ,circumstance and other constraints on my DAW/New mobile purchase.

BTW - I actually thought the Live DOT release was rather witty joke myself. Very clever on Mbazzy's behalf

Sorry if we mislead anyone :? .................

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:46 pm

Oh, well... when i typed Live 4 on my equipment list it was just a stupid typo. And then this big thread started and so i thought the best thing i could do is confuse you guys. Which was lots of fun: "Now it is Ableton Evil !?!!" From now on it will stay Live-dot. Period. Dot. .

dotbert.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:24 pm

[quote="Mbazzy"]Great to hear you're doing fine ... can relate to what you mention ... haven't had the healthhazards (touch wood) , but we have had some veeeery deep and dark turbulences that chook and changed our look on live completely.

It's in the small things ... REAL quality of life lies within handreach, but you need to [learn to ] see it and grab it foremost ....
quote]

absolutely with you on that - as crap/corny as it may sound, music has quite literally saved my life very recently.

Things like family (children) commitments don't always pull you out of the dark times, because sometimes they can add to the whole worth issues you have when you in the pit of despair, especially when you choose such a shaky/uncertain career like music. That's why I think it's important to have something that YOU do to get the endorphins going and heartbeat racing and make you feel alive and like there is something really worth doing, regardless of what society's naysayers might think.

I think to really get this whole life thing - and for that matter to make music (or artistic creations of any kind) with real substance, sometimes you have to sink as low as it's possible, whether that be physical or mental health. In fact the Buddhist definition of suffering even includes Boredom!

UKnow - The image you spoke of about the sun breaking through the clouds - it's things like that - or in this case lack of that contributed to pushing me over the edge because for a while it was like I was numb to everything, and I've always been very much into things like that.

I'm really glad to hear you've been able to take your music to hospital with you as I'm certain it will really add to the healing process, although I'd try and avoid Gabber or Grind core, just for the moment :lol: :wink:

Once you get a hold of the Live 4 beta you'll be jumping off the walls!