Producing commercial/Professional music using Ableton alone.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 am

sweetjesus wrote:its a bit german and all...
Point taken!

You'll need at least 1 french-made vst to be able to produce anything
worth listening at.

Spacerboy

Post by Spacerboy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 am

no way w/o protools .... just kidding... :-)

substance_g

Re: Producing commercial/Professional music using Ableton al

Post by substance_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 am

eggnchips wrote:...as long as a welshman's bits
Tom Jones? :wink:
MBP-Live7-Oxygen8-Ultralite-UC33e-WaldorfPulse

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:36 am

dj superflat wrote:sorry, but it's actually a dumb question. people have made incredibly successful records on even the most basic technology. put another way, there's almost no recording technology you can name that someone hasn't made a seriously successful recording on, whether it's a cassette 4 track or a game boy or whatever. if someone's not successful at making professional/commercial music, the technology available to them is almost never to blame (talent finds a way around -- or, more often, to make use of -- whatever technological limitations it may face). so use whatever you like using and get to it, rather than worrying about whether the tools at your disposal are up to snuff.
+1...and it is a kind of dumb question although there's no shortage of those around here (including from myself). Seriously, our laptops pack more power and audio quality than most of the best musicians ot the 20th century had available, it still comes down to your ears and your way of hearing music.

Anybody who sniffs at you like they are superior for using another technological solution to an artistic project is missing the point.

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 am

gabriel and dresden
Hear The Music, Feel The Music, Be The Music

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:30 am

edit

tomlynch

Post by tomlynch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Sebastien Leger

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Spacerboy wrote:no way w/o protools ..
HA! most of the people i've met in NYC these past few months live by this motto

i dont really have anything against protools itself. just the closed-mindedness of many of its users ;)

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:44 pm

aqua_tek wrote:
HA! most of the people i've met in NYC these past few months live by this motto

i dont really have anything against protools itself. just the closed-mindedness of many of its users ;)
word. It's like "well it's the only thing that will allow me to record a sound I make with a synth and play it back periodically in a track.." -erhm... no. In fact, that kind of 'tude should have a tax on it or something. Say the words "protools is the only way to work with any kind of audio" and immediately 10k$ will be deducted from your already over-inflated bank account.

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:51 pm

if someones got talent in producing music they will be able to use any of the industry standard software, take cars for example, if you have a mercedes but you cant drive it you will probably lose to a brilliant driver in a ford, when you race...

scientist

Post by scientist » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 pm

hat wrote:I have recorded at least a dozen tv commercial scores using only Ableton Live.
Furthermore, half of them were written, mixed, mastered and sent as mp3 to the client directly from a coffee shop with internet connection, I'm not even kidding.

So yeah, if there's any skepticism about Live being as "pro" as any other DAW, well think again. It's just a tool to record/arrange music.
So, if music is what you make, then music is what you will hear, no matter what you use.
ditto...see my signature. i've had national spots run where the editor just used the rough mp3 i sent via email.

rajcoont

Re: Producing commercial/Professional music using Ableton al

Post by rajcoont » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:39 pm

eggnchips wrote:Most equipment lists of signed up artists are as long as a welshman's bits.
I never realized this was a urban (or rural) legend, explains why they all live each day like it's their last, nothing to be anxious about.

Also explains why grandpa Tom Jones is covered in knickers by the end of each show

edit: damn you susbtance g, should have read page 2 before posting

sbyrd

Post by sbyrd » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:42 pm

i do all my composing in live.
much of which makes it to TV.

cavern

Post by cavern » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 pm

I try my best to not be a dick...but what a naive question.

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 pm