HELLO. My name is...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bierman

HELLO. My name is...

Post by Bierman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:29 am

it just occurred to me at 3am, slaving over a set, accompanied by a cup of tea, that it might be bad forum etiquette to just show up, make a few know-it-all posts and plunder information from any and everyone, without at least saying hello and letting the regulars know who I am.

So.

I am Jon. I've been producing for about 11 years. I use Logic, Live and a bit of Reason. I make progressive, techno-influenced breakbeat/house (137bpm kind of territory) Hybrid and Underworld are my idols, Trentemoller is seriously pushing my buttons as well. Sadly, I'm not as good as any of them :P

Have also done a lot of "real" music recording. Used to run a location audio recording business, doing mainly live gigs, big bands, choirs, did some work for the Academy venues for a while.

I work in TV as a freelance sound recordist and general techie. Training to be a Final Cut Pro editor.

I'm 28 and I live in London. Unmarried and no kids, thank fuck. Was looking at the 'relationships vs music production' topic and, well, I guess I'm not as lucky or optimistic as a lot of (but not all!) you lot seem to be.

This is what I currently look like.

explains why I'm single! :P

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:15 am

Welcome.

Regular or not - introductions are cool!

-M

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:53 am

You look like you need some sleep :) Welcome, I need sleep too! :)

mohler

Post by mohler » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:19 am

Welcome Jon from one London based Ableton user to another.

Hope you did get some sleep, as you can see I'm normally up super early (it's Saturday so I'm up late today) so only see 3am on special occasions.
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am

welcome and hybrid kick ass!

Bierman

Post by Bierman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

sleep schlmeep.

who needs it when you're jamming in Live!?