No internal render in Live (Track bounce) in Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmusicmaker

No internal render in Live (Track bounce) in Live?

Post by cmusicmaker » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:53 pm

This may have a very obvious answer but can Live 3 not allow for a Track with fx on it... lets say track 1 to bounce the track with fx (to free up cpu resources) to track 2 without rendering externally first?

An internal bouncing of tracks is what I mean, is this not possible. Must all tracks be rendered with fx in Live3 then externally rendered / bounced, then imported into Live 3 again to finish a song?

Thanks chaps in advance.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:36 pm

There's either non-realtime rendering (select a time span in the arrange view, hit cmd + R) or recording from the master outs. As I understand, in Live4 you'll be able to buss several tracks on to another and record from those as if they were inputs. Nice touch.

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

cmusicmaker

Post by cmusicmaker » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:04 pm

noisetonepause wrote:There's either non-realtime rendering (select a time span in the arrange view, hit cmd + R) or recording from the master outs. As I understand, in Live4 you'll be able to buss several tracks on to another and record from those as if they were inputs. Nice touch.

-Paws
Thanks for the feedback, are you saying an internal render is not possible whichever of the two or any other render options are chosen, certainly the manual gives this impression I just thought I might have missed something...?

...anyone?

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:18 pm

Yes this is correct

You can only render with effects in those two ways - but really, recording the master out, isn't this the same as rendering? It may not be offline, but its still doing exactly the same thing.

regards

porpy

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:30 pm

I wish their was a render in place feature it would really help, course their are ways of doing the same thing but as ableton knows diff ways feel diff and have a diff effect on the outcome of the process. the new routing options sound exceptional but some folks are not the route here and their types, like their are lots of people who just don't feel drawn to use the spider thingy in reason.
I'd love to just toss in my samples throw my effects on'em and then render them where they stand.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:38 am

and you're not alone ;)

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 am

Anonymous wrote:I wish their was a render in place feature it would really help, course their are ways of doing the same thing but as ableton knows diff ways feel diff and have a diff effect on the outcome of the process. the new routing options sound exceptional but some folks are not the route here and their types, like their are lots of people who just don't feel drawn to use the spider thingy in reason.
I'd love to just toss in my samples throw my effects on'em and then render them where they stand.
yeah I thought about this too and figured they didn't do render in place because when you render into your project folder, having the browser on the left makes it so easy to drag it in that there's not alot in it

cmusicmaker

Post by cmusicmaker » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:37 am

Yes this is correct

You can only render with effects in those two ways - but really, recording the master out, isn't this the same as rendering? It may not be offline, but its still doing exactly the same thing.

regards

porpy
But is odd. I do not know of any sequencer that does not allow for a track bounce or render from say...track 1 to track 2 without exporting and then importing again.

Exactly... :roll: I wonder if Live 4 will address this.It looks like it could now be the first of the big three. :)

and you're not alone

-Paws
I thought so. :wink:
yeah I thought about this too and figured they didn't do render in place because when you render into your project folder, having the browser on the left makes it so easy to drag it in that there's not alot in it
Now that is a very clever work around. 8) I just hope Live 4 addresses this issue.