fuck trance

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:09 pm

i like logic cause paul van dyck uses it.tiesto as well. trance forever you fuckers!!!!!!!

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:21 pm

I use both, I love both.
Logic beats Live hands down for all things MIDI.
Live beats Logic hands down for all things, well, Live.

I won't be ditching either any time soon.
Dell Vostro 1500 Core 2 duo 3.02Ghz 2GB RAM 150GB 7200rpm HD, on Firewire Audiophile
Apple G5 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, RME Hammerfall 9652

mrzosonp

Post by mrzosonp » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 am

I just bought into logic for the first time and it seems very cool. The pitch correction will be a great time saver for me with some of the vocalists I work with. It does seem a bit cluttered though. Live is beautifully simple.
do you think a vintage laptop would sound better?

thefool

Post by thefool » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:46 pm

john gordon wrote:i like logic cause paul van dyck uses it.tiesto as well. trance forever you fuckers!!!!!!!
Tiesto too?????
I'm selling my live now to get a mac and a copy of logic!!!!!!!!

arh, pretty happy with live for arranging actually. There is a few things, but maybe if i learned a bit of the keyboard shortcuts it would be easier eh

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Paul van Dyk wrote:the second half of my second album (Seven Ways) was when I was really getting into producing my own things.

does that strike anyone else as odd?
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm

this is why you're gay

Flash! ah ahhhhhhhh!
Drums

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:37 pm

mike holiday wrote:
Paul van Dyk wrote:the second half of my second album (Seven Ways) was when I was really getting into producing my own things.
Not really, most big name DJs have other people acting as producers; Sasha, Timo Maas, Fat Boy Slim, etc.

I think it's lame yes, but it's very common.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Tarekith wrote:
mike holiday wrote:
Not really, most big name DJs have other people acting as producers; Sasha, Timo Maas, Fat Boy Slim, etc.

The term producer has changed meaning over time as well. Who knows if he means mixing or song arranging by saying that?

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:27 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
mike holiday wrote: does that strike anyone else as odd?

The term producer has changed meaning over time as well. Who knows if he means mixing or song arranging by saying that?
or masturbation
Drums

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 pm

mike holiday wrote:

the tarnce god also confesses:
It’s a far cry from the days of vinyl. “I’m so busy when I play now,” says van Dyk. “The other day I was wondering, what did I actually do once the record was playing? Wait for eight minutes to mix in the next one? How boring.”
wow he let the records play for a whole 8 minutes waiting to mix the next one? :lol:
and they probably payed him 20 and 30 thousands and maybe more for that?

AND he didn't make his own songs?

:roll:

:evil: fkin tarnce

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 pm

and this is what van dyk's pal, tiesto 'the queen of tarnce' thinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_LVfoDC-I

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:18 pm

It’s a far cry from the days of vinyl. “I’m so busy when I play now,” says van Dyk. “The other day I was wondering, what did I actually do once the record was playing? Wait for eight minutes to mix in the next one? How boring.”
"i can't mix, and i started creating music on my third album"

Damn, thats like admitting you are nothing but a poser

no wonder people think djing takes no skill... to many pros don't have any
what ever happened to standards

uggg.... thats awful

dj's who don't mix can go eat a bigmac
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

SystemCell

Post by SystemCell » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:47 am

Well c'mon now...DJing is really a completely different monster than a live P.A. Of course Trance is not turntablism...it's about playing to the crowd. If the crowd is really really diggin on a tune, you let them have it for a bit. And I'm sure he was exaggerating about 8 minutes.

I don't know about you, but I was a DJ long before I started producing. Of course I had a good sense of what I wanted to create and how to compose, but getting from musically inclined to technically capable is a bit of a leap. I also learned a lot from my co-producers and I didn't know how to synthesize sound right off the decks. He did "Produce" the previous albums...but that's like saying because the Director didn't run the camera himself that it's not his film.

What a bunch of cynics. ~_^

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:11 am

Grappadura wrote:Whats the point of using logic together with live? Is it because of the logic synths, or are there other advantages of logic over live?
I use both together on some projects because I think Live is better for drawing pitch changes graphically for audio clips/regions and Logic generally sounds better and has better software instruments (I make great use or the global micro tuning option of Logiic's - ie you set a preferred micro tonal scale and key and then this setting is applied to whatever software instruments you open up to use in the session).

Sometimes I play the EWI live and in the studio and I have not found any software instruments that answers so well to this instrument's MIDI Controller data than Logic. And I have put a lot of time into tweaking Live and its instruments into a viable EWI live rig but never managed to come near the expression I get when playing Logic's synths with the EWI.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

David Brent

Post by David Brent » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:21 am

Fuck Trance...
Macbook Pro 17" - NI Komplete - Zebra 2 - Remote SL Zero -