Marijuana inhibits cancer tumour growth

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nowtime

Post by nowtime » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:49 am

re: the original post - it's not called the healing herb for nothing. Sometimes my body and spirit relax so deeply from the smoke and high, that in and of itself is "cancer" prevention. Sometimes there is a hallucinogenic quality to a plant or variety that can bring on deep healing, it seems it's more specific to the super-herbs. And yeah, i know what you mean about the paranoia or butterflies. The whole super-herb thing is kind of fishy to me, as afar as the pros and cons of it's ultimate healthiness. I wonder sometimes if it does as much damage as good to my evolution. And I would say all in all it's addicitng. Having a stimulant to propel my music-making is often at the forefront of my thoughts.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:50 am

forge wrote::lol:

now....if Tone and Adonis arent in next year's NAMM entourage then all will not be right with the world

how do you get in - I'll go

I'm actually thinking about a trip to SF this spring so...maybe if we're getting along we can figure it out then

;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:50 am

[quote="sparklepuff"][/quote]

there he is! get him before he disappears again!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:51 am

sparklepuff wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: I just found out Yaz is getting back together
Isn't that a birth control pill?

YAZ
holy shit, I forgot about that.

the band Yazoo has helped me get laid more than a few times, we didn't conceive, maybe it worked.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:52 am

djadonis206 wrote:
forge wrote::lol:

now....if Tone and Adonis arent in next year's NAMM entourage then all will not be right with the world

how do you get in - I'll go

I'm actually thinking about a trip to SF this spring so...maybe if we're getting along we can figure it out then

;)
I don't know when we didn't.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:53 am

forge wrote:
I heard some study on the radio a few years ago where they said the content in the 70s averaged about 7% THC - now they have found up to something insne like 40% - really major difference

people are pretty clever at refining and genetic modification these days

RE: marijuana increasing in strength to elephant killing levels shock horror!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2004/ ... ohol.drugs

apparently not.
genetic refining of weed has been going on for years and years and years. Just like cows and sheep, it's an age old pastime. The idea of modern genetic "mega-skunks" taking over the world is just daft. They have always been there but other varieties were more popular for cultural reasons.

it's just one of those media things.
How do journos convey the message that growing techniques and breeding have provided strong varieties to anyone who wants them now? I mean .. that reads like a shitty story, "Acrington middle agers now capable of growing own purple haze under a couple of lights from local grow shop, not relying on crappy dried up resin from Dodgy Dave anymore"

nah, not exciting ... try ..."New study reveals teen megaskunk drug nightmare !!!"

Anyway, even if strength was radically increasing across the board in some kind of kill frenzy.
Consider this - just because Whiskey is stronger than Beer it doesn't mean that we drink Whiskey by the Pint!
What do we do? We drink an appropriate amount of the drink until we are drunk enough and then we stop. We do not say ... but I always drink 6 pints, so that will be 6 pints of 80% proof whiskey please.

tis bollocks.
a nonsense.

daft arse strengths have always existed, but it is just the young and foolish who like to use them to get hammered. Shock horror drug mental teen megaweed shock!!!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:55 am

'tis a joke my friend

but I'm serious about sf over spring break

after Neb's hijinks in LA I'm kind of stoked to meet some of the heads on the board this year

people not from Seattle - it's funny I know like Jade and a few other people but the people who post the most from Seattle I doubt they even live in Seattle - I've never meet 'em

they probably live in Shoreline or Renton

* I'm listening to HELMET right now

in the mean time (I know, it's weird) but I'm NOT even stoned
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 am

Angstrom wrote:stuff
you mean they're not going to make super potent weed? :cry:
Last edited by Tone Deft on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 am

8O

okay, well there goes my point up in smoke!

It's entirely possible that I just tend to come across it around more hardened smokers who generally get skunk and that when I was younger they just saw me coming...

but this is odd, from that report:
He said the concerns that had been raised were worrying as cannabis was the most commonly used illicit drug in the EU, with many countries reporting that more than 20% of people had used it at some time in their lives.
20% !!!!!!!! I guess the interviewers on that research team looked like cops

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Angstrom wrote:stuff
you mean they're not going to make super potent weed? :cry:
oh they have super potent weed alright, in fact there are more varieties and some are 'stronger' (in particular ways) than the past. IE - like a kick to the head.
But the key factor in the media frenzy is that you can get it anywhere now. At least you can in the Uk.
In the past you required a trip to Holland, or it was just plain old dried up (government issue) rocky for you my friend.
Now it's all changed. You want some dynamite kid? no need to go to the very best coffee shop in some far away country and deal with odd hairy geek men .. it's right on your street if you want it.

When the local boy racers start growing, they aint growing for mellow taste and psychedelic high ... they pick the Vindaloo variety. kick in the head variety. It's a fashion thing, toughness, etc.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:17 am

so what's all this about pot preventing Timur from growing?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:22 am

he needs to grow some. i bet it would be the best... the research, the materials, and only himself to blame if it sucks :lol:

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:37 am

djadonis206 wrote:paranoia, guilt and anxiety

:)

i thought that was what the crack heads dealt with
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 am

there's only one mind altering substance that doesn't make ones CNS over react to normal (no pun intended) situations

ALCOHOL

you do anything when you're high on booze, anything

you may remember or like what you did but you did it and it was fucking RAD!!!!

argghhhhh

crack
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 am

always do sober what you said you'd do when drunk.

I think that's how the Jackass movies were made.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz