Marijuana inhibits cancer tumour growth

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:29 pm

djadonis206 wrote: and remember a coke bender only last as long as your cash supply (unlike speed which last long after you ran out of money)
and teeth.

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:29 pm

The best thing about drug users is they think they are really great and interesting...but in reality it's only to each other and looking in from the outside is just boring as fuck.

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Seyser Koze wrote:The best thing about drug users is they think they are really great and interesting...but in reality it's only to each other and looking in from the outside is just boring as fuck.

yeah, people act like scarface was real. dude, al pacino seems real boring. it's a fuckin movie people! and a long one at that...

laird

Post by laird » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:55 pm

knotkranky wrote:Smoking weed is good for your lungs?

No way, if you're smoking anything, you're fuckin up your lungs.

Everything that burns gives off toxic gases and tars.
Heh... "you have to follow the data".

The initial hypothesis in this study was that smoking pot and smoking cigarettes would lead to higher incidence of lung cancer than found among non-smokers. The reason being exactly what you mention: cyclic hydrocarbons in smoke of any kind are highly carcinogenic.

BUT, the data say that smoking pot leads to no increase in lung cancer (I think the 0.1% decrease was statistically insignificant, meaning there's no benefit)... which suggests there is something in marijuana smoke that inhibits some stage in cancer... maybe the initiation of cancer, maybe the progression of tumors... who knows.

And if that chemical can be isolated, then perhaps it can be used to prevent, retard or even cure (lung) cancer? The data suggest this possibility.

Nod

Post by Nod » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Angstrom wrote:RE: marijuana increasing in strength to elephant killing levels shock horror!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2004/ ... ohol.drugs

apparently not. genetic refining of weed has been going on for years and years and years. Just like cows and sheep, it's an age old pastime. The idea of modern genetic "mega-skunks" taking over the world is just daft. They have always been there but other varieties were more popular for cultural reasons...<polite snippage>...tis bollocks.
Spot on Angstrom 8)

Why should anyone listen to government, read 'your corporate sponsored representatives', seeing as they can't even get the basics right? Simple measurable statistics like THC quantities, then be suitably wary about anything else they have to say. Dealing purely with raw leaf marijuana first: back in the 60's the average THC yield was somewhere between 2-5% and over the next 4 decades selective breeding and growing techniques have raised the yield, for a good strain such as sensemilla, to somewhere between 5-10% on average - very rarely does it reach the dizzying heights of 20% and that's only with very, very good hydroponics.

Now the UK government claimed that skunk is, in some cases, 25 times stronger than it used to be - this is not only rubbish - it is also a deliberate lie. No one has ever even heard of skunk with a THC content of over 30%. It doesn't exist.

The only way that figure is actually achievable is in premium grade hashish or hashish oil, something that you almost never see, especially in the UK, which is absolutely flooded in low grade skunk bud, whilst Dutch 'netherweed' hashish has a THC content of occasionally 60%. The absolute peak is actually liquid - with the top grade being known as 'white oil' which has been measured to have a THC content of 90%. This stuff would actually fit with the UK governments claim of being 25 times stronger than what used to be available except for one thing: it's almost as rare as hen's teeth...:lol:

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:17 am

screw the reports, statistic and graphs and charts and shit

the common weed floating around here is the power - not the purple, not the white widow, nah

the regular day to day BC bud is so strong

take a taste test - fuck the statistics

shits strong

way stronger than the shit they have in Jamaica - that's the truth
Ableton | Elektron

Music

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:58 am

it aint 'hip' to smoke no more....[cough]
the young kids today are all into organic foods
and coka... and Vodka...

teach your children to smoke pot... NOW!
they aint gonna live forever yknow? and neither are you...
so toke up!

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 am

djadonis206 wrote:screw the reports, statistic and graphs and charts and shit

the common weed floating around here is the power - not the purple, not the white widow, nah

shits strong

BC BUD is the strongest I had ever...
and I had me some...
it was STRONGER than amsterdam shit ,jamaican shit and african....
I was in awe!!!
....back when I was staying on 'commercial drive'....good times eh..?

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 am

3dot... wrote:

shits strong

and I had me some...
I was in awe!!!

damn, you do know it gets waaaaaaaaaay stronger than that - scary
Ableton | Elektron

Music

dcease

Post by dcease » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 am

djadonis206 wrote:
3dot... wrote:

shits strong

and I had me some...
I was in awe!!!

damn, you do know it gets waaaaaaaaaay stronger than that - scary
damn! it must get hella filtered before it hits texas. i've found shit from the northwest, particularly humboldt county type shit to be quite potent. i don't know bout that round the world shit though. i have had some willie nelson shit grown locally. put it in a jar, put the jar up, and can still smell it five feet away...

i ain't seen any one hitter quitter in a while though... maybe just me too :oops:
but it works, no more dirt for us. had to smoke wayyy too much for anything, THAT shit should be illegal :lol:

but that shit would be perfect for you dj adonis... wanna trade? :D

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:32 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Machinate wrote:
Kodama wrote:Hmmm, I've heard that part of the issue with smoke is the heat, so maybe water pipes/hookahs make it more healthy?
I read somewhere that smoking a single fill-up of a water pipe is the same as smoking 5-10 cigarettes, in terms of immediate and long-term damages to your health. I'll have a look and see if I can find a source in english.
nah. it's apples and oranges, or oranges and tangerines. weed is the bud of the plant, cigarettes are the leaf, different part of the plant. there's less tar in the bud. plus cigarettes are sprayed with extra stuff on them, dozens of chemicals. compare an American Spirit (all natural, no additive brand of cigarette in the US) to a Camel or Marlboro, totally different. very very very few people smoke a pack of joints a day, many smoke more than a pack of Camels a day.

my favorite was a study done in 1956 by a Dr. Nestaas, he concluded that smoking weed would kill you. he found this out by putting oxygen masks on monkeys and asphyxiating them with pot smoke. it was like smoking 20 joints a day. I don't think it's possible to smoke 20 joints a day, you'd be glued to the floor!
I read somewhere (in all the info about vapourisers I guess) that it's actually the chamical change that happens at the point where the plant matter ignites that is the most problematic - it apparently creates a whole bunch more toxic chemicals like benzine, tar etc etc - hence the point to vapourising because THC is activated at a lower temperature than the material burns at

so in other words, if you are smoking daily then a vapouriser is a way better idea

but I think woodwardjnr you said you had one right?

I would imagine that the cancer inhibiting qualities would be much more profound when vapourising because you're not simultaneously having to deal with the toxicity of burning smoke

but like Tone said - buds is different to leaves, and you need way less than you would smoke tobacco

just make damn sure you avoid mixing it with tobacco - so Spliffs are not the way forward

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:53 am

so where do hash-cakes fit into all of this? I mean, surely no smoke involved, right?

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:04 am

Machinate wrote:so where do hash-cakes fit into all of this? I mean, surely no smoke involved, right?
well, technically there;s no smoking with vapourising - it's more like an asthma puffer or something

eating is dodgy territory In my experience - nothing puts you off the taste and experience quicker than eating too much - it takes an hour to take hold and it's very hard to gauge how strong it will be

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:04 am

Machinate wrote:so where do hash-cakes fit into all of this? I mean, surely no smoke involved, right?
they fit into my belly.

nice way to travel. I remember sitting in the Salt Lake City airport during a long layover get absolutely torqued on White Widow banana bread. just sitting there, eating bread.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:35 am

Tone Deft wrote:nice way to travel. I remember sitting in the Salt Lake City airport during a long layover get absolutely torqued on White Widow banana bread. just sitting there, eating bread.
You weren't concerned about the Mormons reading your mind?? 8O :D