Marijuana inhibits cancer tumour growth

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:39 am

This thread should be allowed to GROW !!!

if you aint a smoker...
hash cakes...
hash bread...
you can make green butter...( have it with toast and strawberry jam)
basically you can pretty much incorporate it anything that cooks
(needs to be above 100C for the THC to be released...)

PM me for actuall recipes :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:07 am

Pitch Black wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:nice way to travel. I remember sitting in the Salt Lake City airport during a long layover get absolutely torqued on White Widow banana bread. just sitting there, eating bread.
You weren't concerned about the Mormons reading your mind?? 8O :D
they could, it went like this ".................................. hee hee ........................... oh my god........................... Salt Lake City.................. hee hee......................".

also talked to a stewardess on the flight, she had to know. I was reading Vonnegut's Timequake, quite a good read for that state of mind, Kurt wrote it with the intent of being his last book, just an old man ranting on the world, but it's f-ing Vonnegut. so it goes...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:03 am

It's all good fun for the kids. Who didn't? just whizz pop fireworks.

Seeing adults off their tits on any drug is just sad. They should have got bored with it a looooong time ago.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 am

Seyser Koze wrote:It's all good fun for the kids. Who didn't? just whizz pop fireworks.

Seeing adults off their tits on any drug is just sad. They should have got bored with it a looooong time ago.
I agree to an extent - but how is it any different to the millions of drinkers throughout the world?

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:55 am

I include them to a degree but of course the main difference is social acceptance and legality.

There isn't anything I can do about that. but if i could i would certainly ban nicotine. Without doubt the most dangerous drug known to man.

Mr-Bit

Post by Mr-Bit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 am

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:29 pm

People have been working with medicinal herbs and plants throughout history..

So much of what we knew has been destroyed.. Through the clampdown of governments, invading armies and FEAR...

We are told what we can and can't partake in.. to the point that we have to see others around us doing something , or not, to formulate our own personal opinion..

There is so much propaganda around ALL perspectives.. The anti's and the pro's..
You can read one report and it will tell you one thing, then read another and it will go against what you gleaned from the first one..

I smoke mj .. Why.. because I like it and the effect it gives me. (sometimes I eat it too, but like forge said it can get a bit much, with not knowing how strong it will be)
I don't smoke tobacco.. Rarely drink lots of alcohol .. Like small amounts of coffee.. Don't eat junk food.. rarely eat meat..

It just seems humanity is at a loss trying to put everything in place... It just don't work quite like that.. The old saying.. One mans food is another mans poison.

Hd

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:32 pm

You are right.

I have to say I find myself in a predicament, I abhor the danger of alcohol and nicotine and I am a hypocrite as I have or do use some or all of them throughout my life.

But equally I am dead against the nanny state mentality that erodes peoples free will to do whatever the hell they want.

Its' like: I don't want these things causing negative mental and physical health to our population but i don't want anyone to tell us what we can and can't do...

I'm trapped! 8O

Akshara

Post by Akshara » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 pm

There is so much propaganda around ALL perspectives.. The anti's and the pro's..
Agreed. One my dearest friends smoked prime mj and tobacco strictly through water pipes for over two decades at probably a 3:1 ratio toward mj, lived a fairly austere musician's lifestyle and ate mostly vegan... and then died of lung cancer at 40.

Humans will believe and distort all kinds of information in an effort to justify and rationalize habitual behavior. It's the just the way we're wired.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Seyser Koze wrote:
Its' like: I don't want these things causing negative mental and physical health to our population but i don't want anyone to tell us what we can and can't do...
it's not the drugs that kills people, it's me on drugs that kills people.

Actually I got bored with smoking marijuana, I just reached a point where I said "I've seen this movie before" and stopped. That was years ago.
I have a big-ish stash for friends, so I very occasionally smoke some of that (twice a year?) , but 9 out of 10 times I just think "meh, I'm stoned ... so what"

It was a massive part of my life for nearly 20 years, and now ... it has no real attraction at all.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Akshara wrote:
Agreed. One my dearest friends smoked prime mj and tobacco strictly through water pipes for over two decades at probably a 3:1 ratio toward mj, lived a fairly austere musician's lifestyle and ate mostly vegan... and then died of lung cancer at 40.

Humans will believe and distort all kinds of information in an effort to justify and rationalize habitual behavior. It's the just the way we're wired.
saying that, I wonder what if he hadn't had tobacco as well what would have happened

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:43 pm

That's called growing up Angstrom! :D

I was the same but actually it started to disagree with me too, i just found the whole thing really unpleasant almost overnight. Then it was easy to knock it all on the head.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm

... no such thing as a healthy addiction...
in my book it's better than taking 'happy pills'...
and its FUN... if you don't enjoy it...
or enjoy seeing other ppl wasted...
then hey... that's your party not mine...

Akshara

Post by Akshara » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 pm

I wonder what if he hadn't had tobacco as well what would have happened
Indeed, we can wonder. However many (not all) people who smoke mj also smoke some kind of tobacco. My exception to the article in the original post is the spin that the author places on it with the headline.

That article quotes, "this is the first report of TIMP-1-dependent anti-invasive effects of cannabinoids," and that, "This signalling pathway may play an important role in the anti- metastatic action of cannabinoids, whose potential therapeutic benefit in the treatment of highly invasive cancers should be addressed in clinical trials," - however the headline reads, "Marijuana inhibits cancer tumour growth."

And this from the Australian Associated Press. :roll:
Last edited by Akshara on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 pm

my granddad RIP smoked like an engine....
ate delicious foods.. had a great sense of humor
lived to be 90 yrs old... died from heart failure...
worked almost everyday of his life...up until
anyways... 90... thats pretty old aint it...

basically what I'm saying...
there are other elements ...
a mans health is not just determined by saying 'well he smokes...'\
there are things that are not yet explainable...
many of the values in this equation are still unknown...
with modern medicine...
take care and work out your body, will improve the state of your mind
free your mind...
stop being tight assed..

death is pretty much around the corner... and so are many other surprises
try and live your life the way you WANT to...while you can...
is all I'm sayin'