Routing and compression question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jeskola

Routing and compression question

Post by jeskola » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 am

I have 3 channels each with a compressor set up for sidechaining (using sonalksi SV-315).
2 channels are sends one is a group track.

Is there a way I can route ONE kick channel to them, rather than have THREE channels to trigger the three comps?

At present you have to select “AUDIO TO” & select the channel with the comp on it, then in the drop down below select the compressor. Pain in the tits if I change my kick pattern and have to copy it 3 times, when 1 channel would do the job.

blank

Post by blank » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 pm

Never found any solution to this problem.

pretty annoying.
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Lives new compressor allows you to select the audio from, so you can have as many instances of the compressor as you like with the sidechain being fed from the same kick drum source.

Plus, it doesn't mute your original kick track either so, you only need one and you dont' have to duplicate it at all.

With the sonalksis comp...i think you may be shafted.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Seyser Koze wrote:Lives new compressor allows you to select the audio from, so you can have as many instances of the compressor as you like with the sidechain being fed from the same kick drum source.

Plus, it doesn't mute your original kick track either so, you only need one and you dont' have to duplicate it at all.

With the sonalksis comp...i think you may be shafted.
Thanks!
Still on 5.2...

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

ahhh, sorry. :oops:

save those beans for the upgrade! :)